Author Topic: Senator Cruz Grills FBI Director Over IRS Targeting Scandal  (Read 533 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLxPs6f0-pM

WASHINGTON, DC -- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, today asked FBI Director James Comey several questions about the Obama Administration’s failure to fully investigate the IRS targeting scandal.

Specifically, Sen. Cruz asked:

To date how many victims, or alleged victims, of improper targeting have been interviewed by the FBI? More or less than 10 victims?
    Can you tell this committee, to date, how many White House employees the FBI has interviewed for this investigation?
    The Attorney General appointed to lead this investigation a major Obama donor who has given President Obama and Democrats over $6,000. Do you see any actual or apparent conflict of interest in that?
    Do you think it would have been appropriate to trust John Mitchell to investigate Richard Nixon?
    Four days after Attorney General Eric Holder told the committee that this was a vigorous investigation, the President of United States went on national television and told the American people, categorically, there was not a smidgen of corruption... [these statements] are facially inconsistent.. which of those statements was true and which was false?

None of these questions were fully answered, which Democratic Judiciary Chairman Sen. Pat Leahy said was “appropriate.”

http://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1283

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Senator Cruz Grills FBI Director Over IRS Targeting Scandal
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 12:01:04 am »
Cruse said that no one who had complained had been interviewed.  That with such a focus on getting to the bottom of things.  One would hope that those who complained about it would have had at least a preliminary FBI interview. Paraphrasing of course.

Not being able to answer if the number of interviews was more or less than ten.  Kind of puts the issue to rest.  The FBI at this administrations direction and cover by the Senate and media are slow walking any investigation.  My view.

Senator Cruse asked appropriate questions. Questions that any conservative wishes to know with some assurity that interviews are actually taking place.  That is interviews of the complainants as well as the guilty.

Evidently Cruse hadn't been satisfied with whatever closed sessions, if any, had transpired.

In pissing up a rope, Senator Cruse dampened the pant legs of FBI Director James Comey.

Properly done.

Get em Ted
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 01:12:53 am »
The FBI at this administrations direction and cover by the Senate and media are slow walking any investigation.  My view.

Gee! You really think so?? Who would have EVER thunk that??? :whistle: :whistle:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:55:50 pm »
Gee! You really think so?? Who would have EVER thunk that??? :whistle: :whistle:

Yep.  A bit of a stretch.

And I did like his questions.

Al
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote