Author Topic: Obama: Michelle got rid of my ‘mom jeans’  (Read 672 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Michelle got rid of my ‘mom jeans’
« on: May 23, 2014, 12:46:09 am »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/22/obama-michelle-got-rid-of-my-mom-jeans/

By Ben Wolfgang-The Washington Times Thursday, May 22, 2014

President Obama’s infamous “mom jeans” won’t be seen again.

The president said Thursday that his wife, first lady Michelle Obama, “retired” the widely maligned jeans Mr. Obama wore when throwing out the first pitch of the 2009 MLB All Star Game.

Speaking at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y., the president said the Hall asked him for a piece of personal memorabilia.
“At the Hall’s request, I contributed something of my own, which is the jacket I wore when I threw out the first pitch at the 2009 All Star Game,” the president said. “I hear that with all the media attention about it, there was also some interest in the jeans I wore that night. But Michelle retired those jeans quite awhile back.”

Mr. Obama faced mockery after wearing a pair of ill-fitting, loose pants — dubbed “mom jeans” by some in the media — in addition to his Chicago White Sox jacket at the game.

Now that the first lady has rid the president’s closet of such jeans, Mr. Obama vehemently defends his taste in pants.

“I’ve been unfairly maligned about my jeans,” he told radio host Ryan Seacrest in March. “The truth is, generally I look very sharp in jeans. There was one episode like four years ago in which I was wearing some loose jeans, mainly because I was out on the pitcher’s mound and I didn’t want to feel confined while I was pitching, and I think I’ve paid my penance for that. I got whacked pretty good. Since that time, my jeans fit very well.”

Mr. Obama was at the Hall of Fame on Thursday to promote the economic benefits of tourism.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama: Michelle got rid of my ‘mom jeans’
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:09:05 pm »
Obama swings Babe Ruth’s bat at Baseball Hall of Fame
By Geoff Earle
NY Post
May 22, 2014 | 11:12pm

President Obama turned tourist at the Baseball Hall of Fame Thursday, employing a time-tested strategy of embracing sports when the going gets tough in politics.

Obama cradled Babe Ruth’s bat and examined Joe DiMaggio’s glove at the shrine to America’s pastime in upstate Cooperstown — while trying to boost his own batting average with the public.

“How about that!” he marveled at DiMaggio’s mitt.

On Wednesday, the president met with the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks at the White House.

On Tuesday, he stopped by a Little League game in DC, surprising and glad-handing young players even as he snarled rush-hour traffic.

“Sports-related events become wonderful escapes for presidents who have a lot of things going wrong,” Ari Fleischer, a onetime press secretary to George W. Bush, told Bloomberg News.

Obama came to the Hall of Fame to encourage more tourism.

Gov. Cuomo was delayed getting to the event because of bad weather on his trip from the Democratic state convention on Long Island, aides said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 01:18:19 pm »
All the while vets are dying waiting to see a doctor...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:23:32 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 01:22:19 pm »
I posted BO's schedule yesterday. What a busy Thursday he had: the hall of fame and two Chicago fundraisers. He had to spend the night in Chicago to sleep it off recover from the whirlwind of important stuff.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »
Well, maybe she got rid of your Mom jeans, Barry, but I doubt she taught you how to throw a baseball like an athlete does.

You're still a dork.

(And dittos to those who commented on his schedule.  He just doesn't care.....  **nononono* )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »
I posted BO's schedule yesterday. What a busy Thursday he had: the hall of fame and two Chicago fundraisers. He had to spend the night in Chicago to sleep it off recover from the whirlwind of important stuff.

You've just got to understand, mountaineer.  Being really, really mad tires a person out.  He needed rest.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »
Why the heck would the Hall want memorabilia from this dolt, anyway? He has nothing to do with baseball.

Pansy.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:54 pm »
Why the heck would the Hall want memorabilia from this dolt, anyway? He has nothing to do with baseball.

Pansy.

Baseball is an AMERICAN sport.  He wasn't raised an American, so he doesn't know diddly squat about it.  When he was a little boy and his Dad (or Mom) should have been teaching him to throw a ball, he was being fed Communist propaganda instead.

So I would amend your comment to...."Marxist Pansy".....    :smokin:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 03:12:08 pm »
Baseball is an AMERICAN sport.  He wasn't raised an American, so he doesn't know diddly squat about it.  When he was a little boy and his Dad (or Mom) should have been teaching him to throw a ball, he was being fed Communist propaganda instead.

So I would amend your comment to...."Marxist Pansy".....    :smokin:

Excellent amendment!  I heartily concur!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 03:17:16 pm »
"Obama: Michelle got rid of my ‘mom jeans’"

Funny, I figured it was Reggie that got you out of them!

:bolt:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 03:58:28 pm »

No doubt!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 04:52:53 pm »
Maybe if he wore  man-pants like 5.11 tactical pants, it would have helped him get  the ball over the plate.  Naaaahhh  what was I thinking?    He would still throw like a girl.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

Good one.   :smokin: