Author Topic: What Rampant Violence Forced This Chicago School To Do Is Unimaginable  (Read 240 times)

rangerrebew

What Rampant Violence Forced This Chicago School To Do Is Unimaginable

“Pretty scary...”

Avatar of B. Christopher Agee   B. Christopher Agee — May 22, 2014

A high school principal in crime-ridden metropolitan Chicago took a drastic step in an effort to keep students safe from deadly forces at work in the community.

Recent reports indicate students are now prohibited from loitering outside after school for any length of time. They have also been instructed to secure a new route home.

The move came after a particularly violent week that included six separate shootings in the vicinity over a two-day period. Included in the school’s directive is a specific neighborhood in which a teen was shot and killed shortly after school let out Monday.

Students are being urged not only to leave school immediately after the closing bell, but to also be more vigilant in recognizing potential dangers around them.

Though parents and administrators are understandably concerned for their safety, many students remain unworried about the potential threats posed by gun-toting thugs in the vicinity of their school.

“You have to walk these streets every day,” DeMario Falls explained. “I know my way around the neighborhood – and I know people, and I don’t feel like they would do harm to me.”

With random acts of violence so prevalent in the Windy City, such an outlook might strike some as dangerously naïve. He’s not alone in expressing an indifferent attitude, though.

Josh Tomaszewski asserted that there is “nothing that happens too much over here,” concluding that “it’s all good.”

For others in the community, however, the danger is clear and present.

Curie High School also hosts other events, including an evening workout session held Wednesday evening. One participant, Gabriela Perez, expressed distress over the threat of violence all around her.

“Pretty scary,” she stated. “You can’t be safe anywhere.”

In a city under the control of gun-grabbing leftists, the only defense law-abiding citizens have against armed criminals seems to be keeping off the streets.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/rampant-violence-forced-chicago-school-unimaginable/#A1umJg4qWHrpY2lv.99