Author Topic: The Islamic takeover of the US is gaining ground.  (Read 4567 times)

Oceander

Re: The Islamic takeover of the US is gaining ground.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 01:21:35 am »
You're not in a courtroom Oceander 

Duh

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2014, 01:22:22 am »
This is a gross misrepresentation of the New Testament, counselor.

to start with, which part?  to follow on, how so?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2014, 01:57:32 am »

It's not a textbook.

There is a reason why it's called "faith".

Open it anywhere, read, and go where your heart takes you.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 02:40:17 am »

It is not accurate to say that Christ "beat" the money changers.  He drove them from the temple and overturned their tables.  Furthermore, this is the only instance in the New Testament in which Christ did anything violent.  It was an intentional act calculated to facilitate his crucifixion.  He certainly didn't kill anyone, or even advocate killing anyone.  The entire rest of the New Testament is dedicated to forgiveness, turning the other cheek, etc.  Show me any parallels with that thinking in the Koran.

It is naive to think the two texts are comparable, or that the two religions are comparable.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
So does a "peaceful adherent" of Catholicism translate into "passive-agressive supporter" of abortion-clinic bombings?

I'm not really sure what you expect a Muslim guy who goes to Mosque, prays every day, and goes to work every day just like you and I to do about radical Islam. 

I'm far from a fan of Islam, but milquetoast Christians calling for second-class citizenship for Muslims is kinda funny.

You are speaking to us like we are anti-Islam, when what we really are is anti-Islamic. There is a distinction. I think I speak for most of us, that we don't care if our neighbor or newest immigrant claims there are twenty gods or no God, as long as the man neither picks our pocket or breaks our bones. Fundamentalist Islam, however picks our pockets and breaks our bones, and has been doing the same since Thomas Jefferson, and we have been trying, and with not great success to stop them from doing so ever since. The majority of Muslims in America are moderate and peaceful, and want to live in harmony with their non-Muslim neighbors. But they are constantly drowned out by the violent Islamist who are more media savvy, better organized, and considerably better funded. And these same violent Islamist are creating a specialized victim status for themselves whereby discussion of their motives for Islamic supremacism, is quickly  becoming no-go topics. Playing upon Americans natural distaste for racism and applying a new word to our vocabulary, Islamophobia. You come on here and say us "milquetoast Christians" want Muslims to be second-class citizens, NO WE DON'T. What we would love to see happen is for the moderate Muslims to reform Islam and have them join us in the 21st centaury. But instead what we do see is the World ceding ground to Islamist at a speed never seen before in human history.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2014, 02:48:57 pm »
 goopo

Well said, Navy!  :patriot:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2014, 03:05:13 pm »
You are speaking to us like we are anti-Islam, when what we really are is anti-Islamic. There is a distinction. I think I speak for most of us, that we don't care if our neighbor or newest immigrant claims there are twenty gods or no God, as long as the man neither picks our pocket or breaks our bones. Fundamentalist Islam, however picks our pockets and breaks our bones, and has been doing the same since Thomas Jefferson, and we have been trying, and with not great success to stop them from doing so ever since. The majority of Muslims in America are moderate and peaceful, and want to live in harmony with their non-Muslim neighbors. But they are constantly drowned out by the violent Islamist who are more media savvy, better organized, and considerably better funded. And these same violent Islamist are creating a specialized victim status for themselves whereby discussion of their motives for Islamic supremacism, is quickly  becoming no-go topics. Playing upon Americans natural distaste for racism and applying a new word to our vocabulary, Islamophobia. You come on here and say us "milquetoast Christians" want Muslims to be second-class citizens, NO WE DON'T. What we would love to see happen is for the moderate Muslims to reform Islam and have them join us in the 21st centaury. But instead what we do see is the World ceding ground to Islamist at a speed never seen before in human history.

Could not agree more Navy.  Well said!!!

Oh, and have a nice Memorial Day - thank you for your service!

:amen:   :beer:   :patriot:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2014, 03:11:40 pm »
The majority of Muslims in America are moderate and peaceful, and want to live in harmony with their non-Muslim neighbors.

Ay, there's the rub.

Moderate, peaceful Muslims are Muslims in name only because Islam doesn't condone the idea of peaceful coexistence with non-Muslims.

Moderate, peaceful Muslims are in fact passive aggressive enablers of Islamic fundamentalists who live their lives in accordance to the teachings of the Koran. Should tomorrow the US be mired in the sort of daily violence we have become accustomed to reading about outside the US, US Muslims will no more rise in protest here  than they do there.

In fact, the ONLY times that Muslims protest terrorist violence is when that Muslims are the victims of it.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 03:36:55 pm »
Ay, there's the rub.

Moderate, peaceful Muslims are Muslims in name only because Islam doesn't condone the idea of peaceful coexistence with non-Muslims.

Moderate, peaceful Muslims are in fact passive aggressive enablers of Islamic fundamentalists who live their lives in accordance to the teachings of the Koran. Should tomorrow the US be mired in the sort of daily violence we have become accustomed to reading about outside the US, US Muslims will no more rise in protest here  than they do there.

In fact, the ONLY times that Muslims protest terrorist violence is when that Muslims are the victims of it.

You've cut to the core of it.  There was an article posted here recently (and not the first time that I've seen the message being brought forth) that I believe was written by a former muslim (an apostate) that quite clearly explained how this notion of "moderate muslims" versus "islamists" is a fictitious creation of the West as an attempt to rationalize the conflict between our dedication to freedom of religion and self preservation.  This fallacy and false hope was perhaps best illustrated by GW Bush's proclamation of islam being a "religion of peace."  And the absurdity of that claim is spelled out clearly in what you wrote above: "because Islam doesn't condone the idea of peaceful coexistence with non-Muslims."

Those are the facts of the matter and a great deal of effort is being exerted by the muslims, and their enablers within the West, to propagate that fictional notion.  I suggest that anyone that wants to really get an understanding of what has been going on and is happening now on this front, read Lee Harris' The Suicide of Reason: Radical Islam's Threat to the Enlightenment.  Well worth the few bucks for a Kindle download.

From a "startlingly original and visionary" writer, a disturbing and far-ranging look at the West's vulnerability to fanaticism.

Whether by choice or not, the West finds itself in a low-grade yet bitter war with Islamic fanaticism. It is a war the West is singularly ill equipped to fight. The foe is resistant to any of the normal methods of conflict resolution such as negotiation, economic sanctions, or conventional armed confrontation.

The Suicide of Reason shows how modern liberal societies, whose political theories are born of the Enlightenment, are unfamiliar with the nature of mass fanaticism. The West can only think of fanaticism as a social pathology, a failure to modernize, rather than as what it is: a variety of social order that is not only fully viable in the modern world but also willing to use weapons to which the West is uniquely vulnerable. A governing philosophy based on reason, tolerance, and consensus cannot defend itself against a strategy of ruthless violence without being radically transformed--or destroyed.

Extraordinarily original and thought-provoking, The Suicide of Reason explains the logic of fanatical movements from the Crusades through Nazism to radical Islam; describes how the Enlightenment overcame fanatical thinking in the West; shows why most Western attempts to address the problem are doomed to fail; and offers strategies by which liberal internationalism can defend itself without becoming a mirror of the tribal forces it is trying to defeat.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2014, 03:41:50 pm »
I suggest that anyone that wants to really get an understanding of what has been going on and is happening now on this front, read Lee Harris' The Suicide of Reason: Radical Islam's Threat to the Enlightenment.  Well worth the few bucks for a Kindle download.

Or as an alternative, read "Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind" by some guy whose name escapes me right now.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »
Or as an alternative, read "Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind" by some guy whose name escapes me right now.

Thanks!  I looked that up and never heard of that guy, do you know much about him??

:silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2014, 03:45:25 pm »
Thanks!  I looked that up and never heard of that guy, do you know much about him??

:silly:

Not as much as I used to.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2014, 03:46:29 pm »
Not as much as I used to.

Same, same.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 03:48:10 pm »
The "radiacal Islam" vs. "moderate Islam" canard is a classic 'good cop/bad cop' role play exercise.

They each play their parts, but in the end they are both on the same team with the same goal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2014, 02:37:09 am »

That is well put.  I, for my sake, wish that people would make that crucial distinction more often.  It is for the same reason that I would have issues with a Christian-based theocracy despite being a catholic myself.