Author Topic: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson unleashes ANOTHER homophobic rant in video of Easter sermon  (Read 621 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636208/Video-shows-Duck-Dynastys-Phil-Robertson-unleashing-ANOTHER-homophobic-rant-Easter-sermon.html

A startling video has emerged showing Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson unleashing another homophobic rant - just months after the TV show's network suspended him for a similar tirade.

Robertson was filmed giving an Easter Sunday sermon at Whites Ferry Road Church in his hometown of West Monroe, Louisiana on April 20, according to the video on YouTube.

In the footage, the 68-year-old expresses his anger at the outcry over his December interview in GQ magazine, in which he likened homosexuality to bestiality and branded gay people sinners.

'They were mad at me,' he tells the congregation in the video. 'You say, "why'd they get mad at you?" Cuz instead of acknowledging their sin, like you had better do, they railed against me for giving them the truth about their sins. Don't deceive yourselves.'

Offline GourmetDan

Thou shalt not oppose homosexuality...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

Homophobic?   I doubt ol' Phil is afraid of homosexuals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

Thou shalt not oppose homosexuality...

Thou shalt not oppose the leftist agenda...

There was a time when you could not like something, and even if it was a stupid stance, you were free to feel that way. Now, the thought police will lay waste to your life if you happen to express a view that conflicts with the leftist agenda. You could possibly survive saying you don't like Chinese people, or Indian people, but say you don't like blacks, or homosexuals, and there will be an aggressive backlash.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Next thing you know, his bank will be dropping him and his company.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
He will not be permitted to tell the absolute truth about how sodomy is viewed by his religion.  They should lock him in w room... hold his eyelids open and make him watch an endless loop of Sam kissing his boyfriend until he acknowledges it is the sweetest thing he has ever seen.

Offline GourmetDan

He will not be permitted to tell the absolute truth about how sodomy is viewed by his religion.

Much less the reality of how sodomy is conducted in practice...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

What they conveniently leave out is that Phil Robertson called himself a sinner, and called heterosexual sin, sin as well.

Why aren't they calling him a 'heterophobe?'

Oh................wait..................     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LambChop

Ratings must be falling off.   Retail sure is.  Everywhere I look the Duck Dynasty stuff if 50% off.    Just sayin'

Offline Relic

Ratings must be falling off.   Retail sure is.  Everywhere I look the Duck Dynasty stuff if 50% off.    Just sayin'

Good call. And yes, I think DD has had it's run.

Offline musiclady

Ummmm..................this was a sermon given on Easter.

Cynicism isn't always a good thing.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And yet I see more Duck Commander stuff now than I did before the whole controversy. The fanbase is not stupid, and I see A&E is still showing all-night marathons of the show every couple of days.

Endless reruns, more than anything, are going to kill ratings more than any ginned-up controversy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

And yet I see more Duck Commander stuff now than I did before the whole controversy. The fanbase is not stupid, and I see A&E is still showing all-night marathons of the show every couple of days.

Endless reruns, more than anything, are going to kill ratings more than any ginned-up controversy.

Duck Dynasty stuff is A&E.  Duck Commander is the Robertsons.

Could be the reason that DD is fading and DC still strong.

Phil has always said that the show will have its limits in terms of how long it will hold the audience's interest. It's no big deal to them.  They'll just go on living their lives as they did before while critics blame the end of the show on his moral standards.