Author Topic: Democrat Rockefeller: If You Oppose Obamacare, You’re a Racist  (Read 415 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/22/democrat-rockefeller-if-you-oppose-obamacare-youre-a-racist/

Democrat Rockefeller: If You Oppose Obamacare, You’re a Racist

May 22, 2014 By TPNN Staff Writer

A recent Pew Research Poll indicates those in opposition to Obamacare is at an all-time high of 55%. Although Obama insists that the debate should be over, the majority of Americans do not agree with them. According to a new Politico poll, 60% of Americans believe that the debate on Obamacare should not be over. But, yet another Democrat has some slanderous criticism of those individuals who don’t support Obamacare. (Watch Video Below)

In keeping with the typical Democrat mantra of smearing anyone who disagrees or opposes Barack Obama, West Virginia Democrat Senator Jay Rockefeller slandered every single American who stands in opposition to the unconstitutional, big government, tyrannical overreach of Obamacare.

I think it is very important to take a long view at what’s going on here. I’ll be able to dig up some emails that make part of the Affordable Care Act that doesn’t look good, especially from people who made up their mind that they don’t want it to work because they don’t like the president. Maybe he’s of the wrong color, something of that sort. I’ve seen a lot of that and I know a lot of that to be true. It’s not something you’re meant to talk about in public but it’s something I’m talking about in public because that is very true.”

There you have it. Rockefeller, who incidentally has chosen to not run for re-election, says that if you oppose Obamacare, then it means you are a racist.

You would think the Left’s race card would be worn out, but they keep pulling it out in an effort to silence critics as they circle the wagons around Obama in an effort to protect him from his ever-growing failures.

WATCH the race baiting from Democrat Senator Jay Rockefeller:
(Notice the smirk on the face of the gentleman to Rockefeller’s left as he slanders Americans.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ylQJTfKpfk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Democrat Rockefeller: If You Oppose Obamacare, You’re a Racist
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:01 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=7B9C2BF0-BA6B-4A53-BDFD-D9D9B41F303D

Outrage: Jay Rockefeller, Ron Johnson duel over ‘race card’
By: Burgess Everett
May 22, 2014 12:11 AM EDT

Sens. Jay Rockefeller and Ron Johnson on Wednesday argued in the Senate whether Rockefeller’s remarks about Republican opposition to Obamacare amounted to implying that Johnson is “a racist.”

As he chaired a hearing of the Senate Commerce Committee, Rockefeller, a West Virginia Democrat accused the GOP of opposing President Barack Obama and the Affordable Care Act because he’s the “wrong color,” eliciting an emotional reaction from Johnson, a Republican from Wisconsin, that the Democratic senator “would basically imply that I’m a racist.”

Johnson, the lone Republican in the room during Rockefeller’s remarks, told Rockefeller “it was regrettable and I would say it was offensive … that you would play the race card.”

“That you would say that opposition to Obamacare necessarily must stream from some inherent racism? Very offensive. Listen, my opposition to health care has nothing to do with the race of President Obama,” Johnson said. “It is the greatest assault on our freedom in my lifetime.”

It was the second time this month that the retiring liberal lawmaker had accused Republicans of opposing the president over race, arguing during a transportation funding hearing that the GOP doesn’t want anything good to happen under Obama’s watch “because he’s the wrong color.”

On Wednesday, his critiques of the GOP again came in a sparsely attended committee hearing, this time during an analysis of health-care spending.

“It’s very important to take a long view at what’s going on here. And I’ll be able to dig up some emails that make part of the Affordable Care Act that doesn’t look good, especially from people who have made up their mind that they don’t want it to work. Because they don’t like the president, maybe he’s of the wrong color. Something of that sort,” Rockefeller said. “I’ve seen a lot of that and I know a lot of that to be true. It’s not something you’re meant to talk about in public, but it’s something I’m talking about in public because that is very true.”

Rockefeller then referred to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and said he has been “committed” to “blocking every piece of legislation” that Obama puts forth, with some exceptions.

“I find that disingenuous behavior,” Rockefeller said, lambasting Republicans for using “convenient political arguments” against Obamacare for several minutes, arguing every law has “waste, fraud and abuse.”

Though Rockefeller then went about the committee proceedings, a stunned Johnson had not forgotten the racial comment Rockefeller made 10 minutes earlier and responded angrily to the Democrat’s assertion that Obamacare opposition is race-based.

“I didn’t object to this because of the race of the president. I objected to this because it is an assault on our freedom. And Mr. Chairman, I have to admit, I have a great deal of respect for you, but I’m the only one in the room, and I found it very offensive that you would basically imply that I’m a racist because I oppose this health care law. That is outrageous,” Johnson said, then asking a question of the witness.

Rockefeller concluded then that Johnson wants the American people to return to the “totally free enterprise” health-care system before the Affordable Care Act, an assumption Johnson bristled at and called “incorrect.”

“You are assuming the wrong thing, Mr. Chairman. You’ve implied that I’m a racist. Now you’re saying [I want] to go back to a failed health care system?” Johnson responded. “Please don’t assume, don’t make implications of what I’m thinking and what I would really support. You have no idea.”

“I actually do. And, you know, God help you,” Rockefeller said, insisting he never called Johnson a racist.

“No senator, God help you for implying I’m a racist because I oppose this health care,” Johnson said. “I was called a racist. I think most people would lose their temper, Mr. Chairman.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democrat Rockefeller: If You Oppose Obamacare, You’re a Racist
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:05 pm »
This is just one more in a long series of recent indicators of the impending doom the Dimocrats KNOW is coming for them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien