Author Topic: Issa Subpoenas Holder: Give Us the IRS Documents  (Read 703 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Issa Subpoenas Holder: Give Us the IRS Documents
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:18:02 am »
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/21/issa-subpoenas-holder-give-us-the-irs-documents/

Issa Subpoenas Holder: Give Us the IRS Documents

May 21, 2014 By Jennifer Burke

No wonder Barack Obama can claim ignorance on nearly every major subject and scandal that has plagued his administration. He has absurdly claimed on numerous occasions, including this week in regards to the VA scandal, that he first learned about the allegations from the news. Never mind that his claim is a blatant lie. Memos reveal that he has known specifically about the VA cooking the books since 2010. But, the fact is, Obama’s buddies at ABC, NBC, and CBS, along with his mouthpieces at MSNBC and CNN, simply don’t cover the major news.

On Tuesday, Darrell Issa revealed that he has subpoenaed the Department of Justice for records that the House Select Committee requested regarding the IRS targeting, harassment, and intimidation of the Tea Party, on April 23, 2014 that have yet to be provided.

Today I issued a subpoena to the #DOJ for documents previously requested by the Committee on April 23, 2014. http://t.co/j3nPOqe3iC
    — Darrell Issa (@DarrellIssa) May 20, 2014

Newsbusters reports that, as has been typical, ABC, CBS, and NBC have continued their efforts to cover-up the IRS scandal and assist Obama’s Justice Department with its stonewalling by not reporting on this subpoena.

Committee chair Darrell Issa took to Twitter, as reported by Twitchy, to document the Obama administration’s refusal to cooperate with the investigation, revealing that they have even gone so far as to instruct witnesses to not testify.

The #DOJ subpoena covers docs referring or relating to applications for 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status. #IRStargeting http://t.co/j3nPOqe3iC

The subpoena also covers #DOJ docs and communications between Lois G. Lerner and employees of the DOJ. #IRStargeting

Plus docs and communications referring or relating to the potential prosecution of tax-exempt applicants for statements made on #IRS forms.

The letter sent to the #DOJ on April 23 requested that these documents be produced by May 5, 2014. #IRStargeting

As of today, the #DOJ has produced no documents in response to this request. #IRStargeting

The #DOJ has also obstructed @GOPoversight work during its transcribed interview of Richard Pilger, Director of DOJ Election Crimes Branch.

During the interview with Mr. Pilger, a #DOJ lawyer directed him not to answer questions posed by @GOPoversight an astounding 34 times.

The #DOJ unilaterally, and without the agreement of the Committee, limited the scope of the interview to Mr. Pilger’s interactions w/ Lerner

Among other topics, the #DOJ lawyer refused to allow Mr. Pilger to answer Q’s about convos within DOJ in the wake of Citizens United v. FEC.

Also refused to allow Mr. Pilger to answer whether he had communicated with any #IRS official since Lois Lerner’s apology for #IRStargeting.

These matters are highly relevant to the @GOPoversight investigation of #IRStargeting.

Maybe Obama believes he can get away with his lie that there’s not a smidgen of corruption because his pals at the network will cover for him and his buddy Elijah Cummings will run interference in an attempt to obstruct the investigation.

And THIS is supposed to be the most transparent administration in history?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Issa Subpoenas Holder: Give Us the IRS Documents
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 01:33:32 pm »
Holder to Issa: GFY

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 01:47:34 pm »
Holder to Issa: GFY

To which, if there were any justice left in this country, the House of Representatives should respond! OK! No more IRS!

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that however!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »
To which, if there were any justice left in this country, the House of Representatives should respond! OK! No more IRS!

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that however!

That's where I observe there is no opposition party, only a right wing of the Democrat party.

Now I stand by waiting for establishment supporters to tell me how stupid that is.