Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Speechless as Former Army Colonel Tears Apart the Concept of ‘White Privilege’  (Read 329 times)

rangerrebew

Tucker Carlson Speechless as Former Army Colonel Tears Apart the Concept of ‘White Privilege’

May 19, 2014 By Greg Campbell

In an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, former Army Colonel Kurt Schlichter discussed his recent Townhall article that refutes the liberal argument that so-called “white privilege” generates success for white people.

In a bold discussion, Schlichter, a Colonel-turned-lawyer, vehemently refuted the left’s notion of “white privilege.” Carlson noted that Schlichter, in his Townhall piece, wrote, “What you call ‘privilege’ is just me being better than you.” Carlson asked what Schlichter had meant by that.

Schlichter enthusiastically clarified:

“Have you ever seen or heard anybody babbling about privilege that has any kind of track record of success? I didn’t become a partner in a law firm because my great-great-great grandfather came over from Bavaria, okay? I started out mopping-out stalls at McDonalds. On the military side, I didn’t become a full-Colonel because somebody liked my skin tone. I started out as a Private 27 years ago this Tuesday.

All of us have worked; all of us have achieved something and that’s how we measure character; that’s how we measure what the value of a person is. Not some arbitrary category imposed by some ponytailed grad students who’ve taken too many gender studies seminars.”

Unable to hold back his delight at Col. Schilchter’s answer, Carlson chuckled and admitted, “That’s just fantastic!”

Schlichter admitted that his position on “white privilege” often solicits the kinds of responses he wants: “Either slack-jawed amazement or unreasoning anger.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFFt6go3vHU

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/05/19/tucker-carlson-speechless-as-former-army-colonel-tears-apart-the-concept-of-white-privilege/
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:25:49 pm by rangerrebew »