Author Topic: 15-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Held in Abortion Clinic Against Her Will Rescued by Police  (Read 332 times)

rangerrebew

15-Year-Old Pregnant Girl Held in Abortion Clinic Against Her Will Rescued by Police

May 20, 2014

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/05/19/15-year-old-pregnant-girl-held-in-abortion-clinic-against-her-will-rescued-by-police/

by Sarah Terzo | Buffalo, NY | LifeNews.com | 5/19/14 9:39 AM

Buffalo, NY (LiveActionNews) — A teenager went through a harrowing ordeal at an abortion clinic on May 16, according to well-known pro-life activist Abby Johnson.

According to status updates posted on Facebook, Johnson, who told the story of her pro-life conversion from Planned Parenthood director to dedicated pro-lifer in her bestselling book Unplanned, received an emergency phone call from the mother of a pregnant fifteen-year-old she had been counseling.

Close-up Sad Teen GirlJohnson described how the girl, who had changed her mind about having an abortion, was held against her will in a locked room at an abortion clinic. She explains:

I have had contact with this 15 year old young woman for several weeks. I was put in touch with her by a prolifer in the Buffalo area who was hoping I could share my experiences with her. Her mother does not want her to have an abortion, but is not mentally stable. Her boyfriend is really pushing her to abort.

Please be in prayer that this young girl will feel the presence of the Holy Spirit as she navigates through this journey. Also be in prayer for the local prolifers who are working with her directly. This is a difficult situation, but we know that God is in control.

It is not unusual for the partner of a pregnant woman to pressure her into abortion – in fact, one study showed that 64% of women who have abortions feel they were pressured into them, usually by their male partners. Johnson explained:

She went to the Buffalo Women’s Services tonight for an ultrasound only. As a 15 year old girl, she is very swayed by the opinions of her boyfriend…who does not want her to have anything to do with the pregnancy center in her area. It is not uncommon for private abortion clinics to see patients late at night.

In fact, here in Austin, we have a doctor that starts his abortion procedures sometimes at 10pm. She asked to see her ultrasound and the clinic absolutely refused. She decided then that they were obviously not interested in helping her and told them that she wanted to leave. They would not allow her to leave the room she was in and locked the door. Her mom started freaking out in the waiting room demanding to see her daughter. At that point, her mother was removed from the facility.

It was at this point that she started texting me and the prolifer she has been working with. Both of us called the police and they arrived shortly. Cheryl, the local (and amazing) prolifer drove to the clinic and the young girl was released in her custody for the weekend. The clinic where this girl was being held is the same one who is opening a “birth center” inside the abortion facility.

Some people may wonder why the girl did not call the police herself. A young teenager might find it intimidating or scary to call the police in such a situation, or may not have the perspective to think of it. It might be far more likely for her to reach out to people she knows and trusts, and who, because of their ongoing encouragement, she knew would help her.

The situation ended happily. Thanks to the actions of Johnson and the other pro-lifers, and the intervention of the police, both the girl and her baby are safe.

“What happened to the clinic? Are they under arrest? If not, WHY NOT? Need some answers.” JB

This shocking story shows how far some abortion clinics will go to pressure women into having abortions.

Johnson has asked all her followers to pray for the pregnant teen, who has not been named.