Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Defeats Tea Party Challenger Matt Bevin  (Read 3590 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell Defeats Tea Party Challenger Matt Bevin
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:17:41 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/20/Mitch-McConnell-defeats-tea-party-challenger-Matt-Bevin

by Breitbart News 20 May 2014, 4:08 PM PDT post a comment
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has defeated millionaire businessman Matt Bevin in an expensive and bruising primary election in Kentucky. He'll face Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes in the fall as he pursues his sixth term.

McConnell has been one of President Barack Obama's fiercest critics, but Bevin accused the longtime senator of not being conservative enough.

Bevin spent $3.3 million in his bid as a political newcomer backed by various tea party groups. McConnell drowned him out with more than $9 million in spending. Outside groups spent millions more defending his conservative credentials.

McConnell had already shifted into fall campaign mode. He's been attacking Obama's health care law and coal regulations and trying to link Grimes to the president, who is deeply unpopular in Kentucky.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Mitch McConnell Defeats Tea Party Challenger Matt Bevin
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 11:23:12 pm »
What are the numbers?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »
Winner M. McConnell (i)   60.3%   57,781
M. Bevin   35.8%   34,334
S. Sterling   1.9%   1,785
C. Payne   1.3%   1,234
B. Copas   0.7%   701

Precincts Reporting: 29.7%
    Updated: 7:26 PM ET
    Source: Associated Press

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »
C. Payne   1.3%   1,234
B. Copas   0.7%   701

As predicted, an absolute blowout.   Go away, Tea Party SuperPACs.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:39:22 pm »
Taking out an incumbent is REALLY hard!

Taking out an incumbent with REAL power is very much harder.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »
Taking out an incumbent is REALLY hard!

Taking out an incumbent with REAL power is very much harder.

Yeah....
Support the USO

Offline Millee

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »
As predicted, an absolute blowout.   Go away, Tea Party SuperPACs.

Yeah, Tea Partiers!  Stop supporting people who share you values and ideals.  Listen to your betters and go with the status quo!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 11:54:10 pm »
Georgia

M. Nunn   72.7%   3,286
T. Robinson   14.7%   663
S. Miles   8.3%   373
B. Radulovacki   4.3%   195

J. Kingston   52.8%   6,786
D. Perdue   21.2%   2,724
K. Handel   11.4%   1,465
P. Broun   6.8%   869
P. Gingrey   5.8%   748
D. Grayson   1.1%   143
A. Gardner   0.9%   111
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 12:00:00 am »
Yeah, Tea Partiers!  Stop supporting people who share you values and ideals.  Listen to your betters and go with the status quo!

You will hear all manner of arguments form some about how the TEA party wasted time and resources on this effort but don't you believe it! Ever!

The TEA party has never been so much about winning elections as it is about moving the Republican party rightward and that they are doing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 12:34:43 am »
The TEA party has never been so much about winning elections as it is about moving the Republican party rightward and that they are doing!

Yes. And that's always been my problem. I don't care how far right the Republican party is if they have no power.
Power first, then position is my philosophy. I'm not fond of having the perfect position and no power at all.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 12:39:00 am »
Some of you better had triple up with padded underwear....Sinkspur's gonna kick some a$$ when he gets here.    :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 12:48:23 am »
I doesn't matter. That is exactly what everyone knew would happen.

That is why I will support whichever Dem runs against him. "We will crush the Tea Party!" That kind of verbage tends to radicalize people. And there are more than just me.

Since nothing means anything anymore, why not vote Dem. As Clinton said, "What difference does it make!?"
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 12:52:17 am »
C. Payne   1.3%   1,234
B. Copas   0.7%   701

Thanks Myst.  Mitch spent three times more than Bevin - had to resort to negative ads, twisting the truth and outright LYING - doesn't say much about how confident he was of winning easily.  Considering how long he's been roosting in DC, and how long of a record he has - that was not something he touted.  Bevin fought a good fight, he's a good man and I hope he tries politics again.  I thought he was a great candidate. 

In the last two weeks, I saw Bevin signs everywhere and only two "Team Mitch" signs.  The small group of people sick of Mitch surely had the passion.  I sure am seeing Alison Lundergan Grimes signs popping up everywhere overnight!

I guess us stupid embarrassing Tea Party "folks" should just learn our place - how dare we challenge an incumbent? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 12:54:18 am »

That is why I will support whichever Dem runs against him. "We will crush the Tea Party!" That kind of verbage tends to radicalize people. And there are more than just me.

Since nothing means anything anymore, why not vote Dem. As Clinton said, "What difference does it make!?"
Been drinking, again?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 01:01:22 am »
Been drinking, again?

Lol, just a we touch o' the spirits. But, no. I am serious. The status quo is no longer acceptable. Something has to change, no matter what.

Just tired of the same old game decade after decade. I will also support whomever runs against Boehner. I'm not playing any more. Screw these lifelong GOPe guys. I'd rather vote Democrat.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 01:27:35 am »

Lol, just a we touch o' the spirits. But, no. I am serious. The status quo is no longer acceptable. Something has to change, no matter what.

Just tired of the same old game decade after decade. I will also support whomever runs against Boehner. I'm not playing any more. Screw these lifelong GOPe guys. I'd rather vote Democrat.

I completely understand how you feel 240B.  Feeling pretty low myself tonight. I have voted for Mitch McConnell every election (except for this one) since he first ran in 1984.  In the last 8 years, he has lied to me when I have contacted his office about certain issues, he has talked about the Tea Party in extremely disparaging terms, he has sent me fliers during this last election that were filled with lies that insulted my intelligence.....he has failed to represent me.  To say that I am disappointed in him is an understatement.

I was a Jim Bunning supporter, campaigned for him and manned the telephones for him - he was a fine conservative man and a great Senator - until Mitch McConnell pushed him out and tried to install his own handpicked guy Trey Grayson.  Mitch is not a nice guy. 

I watched West Virginia be saddled with Robert Byrd until they had to wheel his dead, decaying body out onto the Senate floor - and still - he wouldn't give up the office, even though under his leadership WV languished at the bottom of every list.  Much like Kentucky!

LOL!  In KY we have a joke - thank God for West Virginia - they kept US from being at the bottom of every list.  I guess we'll be wheeling ol' Mitch's body out onto the Senate floor before too long.  They just won't leave.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 01:29:11 am »
I guess us stupid embarrassing Tea Party "folks" should just learn our place - how dare we challenge an incumbent? 

We can't give up..we knew this would be a tough fight and it may take years...we must fight on...

Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 01:32:45 am »
Been drinking, again?

I wouldn't piss on McConnell if he were on fire. He's a corrupt piece of crap who only cares about his power, money, and influence. That's what Democrats are for.  In most cases, it makes sense for conservatives to vote for the most conservative guy on the ballot, even if you don't like him all that much. In this case, I'd vote for no one. 

Screw the GOP elite. They won't fight for us because they aren't us. They are as useless to conservatives as teats on a bull. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 01:33:28 am »
We can't give up..we knew this would be a tough fight and it may take years...we must fight on...

Yes, you're right Myst.  I'm not going to give up.  Sure, it's going to take some time - and sure, our obituary will be written many times - but I think we are here to stay.  We've got all the right enemies, we must be doing something right!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 01:35:25 am »

It's futile, once the MSM machine...in concert with the Left...controls and defines what is "news".

The key is to get the MSM to revere the Constitution and the THREE branches of government.  Good Luck.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 01:40:49 am »
I completely understand how you feel 240B.  Feeling pretty low myself tonight. I have voted for Mitch McConnell every election (except for this one) since he first ran in 1984.  In the last 8 years, he has lied to me when I have contacted his office about certain issues, he has talked about the Tea Party in extremely disparaging terms, he has sent me fliers during this last election that were filled with lies that insulted my intelligence.....he has failed to represent me.  To say that I am disappointed in him is an understatement.

I was a Jim Bunning supporter, campaigned for him and manned the telephones for him - he was a fine conservative man and a great Senator - until Mitch McConnell pushed him out and tried to install his own handpicked guy Trey Grayson.  Mitch is not a nice guy. 

I watched West Virginia be saddled with Robert Byrd until they had to wheel his dead, decaying body out onto the Senate floor - and still - he wouldn't give up the office, even though under his leadership WV languished at the bottom of every list.  Much like Kentucky!

LOL!  In KY we have a joke - thank God for West Virginia - they kept US from being at the bottom of every list.  I guess we'll be wheeling ol' Mitch's body out onto the Senate floor before too long.  They just won't leave.

Not voting for him is a defacto one vote against him. Voting for the Democrat is two votes against him. I'm not playing anymore. I want to crush him, as much as he wants to crush me.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 01:43:18 am »
True conservatives are powerless victims, fall short in elections within their party, yet want to run the country.

victims of media
victims of other Republicans
victims of demographics
victims of Obama, democrats

Another approach might be to convert, convince, persuade folks and gain MORE VOTERS, instead of playing perpetual victims.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 01:44:05 am »

I won't stoop that far, but at this point, we'd better hope the Libertarian Party has a dog in this race. (Update: they do; his name's David Patterson, not to be confused with the former NY Governor.) McConnell has zero appeal to those outside the party and WILL LOSE.

He may be able to dupe what few registered Republicans are left in the state of Kentucky, but those attack dogs don't hunt among the independents.

I can't believe I'm calling for supporting the big-L Libertarians, who I normally despise as vote-throwers to the Democrats... but this is what it has become. The Republican Party has become corrupt; the honest ones have left, leaving the cronies.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 01:46:06 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 01:55:08 am »
Another approach might be to convert, convince, persuade folks and gain MORE VOTERS, instead of playing perpetual victims.
If that worked, don't you think we'd have done it by now? It doesn't. We're surrounded by masses programmed to send this country to ruin. THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO REASON.

This is not a political race. This is right and wrong, good and evil we are talking about here.

And in the ways of the world, evil usually wins.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 02:02:11 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 02:01:00 am »
Let's put it this way, with almost all of the precincts reporting - Mitch McConnell received around 205,000 votes and Alison Lundergan Grimes (the Democrat nominee) received about 299,000 votes.  She got 76% of the Democrat vote and Mitch got 60% of the Republicans.