Author Topic: Harry Reid: Vote to Amend U.S. Constitution to Limit Political Speech  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Relic

You never did answer the question on Roquefort vs Limburger.

Neither. Smoked Swiss or sharp cheddar please.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Neither. Smoked Swiss or sharp cheddar please.

I have never even SEEN Limburger cheese.

Closest I ever came was as a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

The point that you, and so many like you miss, is that it is "us" that is electing the political class. It's not perhaps an "us" that you and others want to be a part of, but it is "us" nevertheless, in the larger sense of the word.

I don't adhere to all the farcical arguments on voter fraud and  "unfair" primaries. Hell, the people at large and the polity are so blindly disconnected from the affairs of State that neither fraud nor "unfairness" in the electoral process is needed to maintain the ruling class in power.

We are getting exactly the government that we deserve.

Your reply smacks of a vague accusation of racism. "so many like you", "not perhaps an "us" that you and others want to be part of,". If I am reading things that aren't there, I apologize. But, you really don't know me, so to characterize me and "so many like me" is foolish.

I can't recall ever complaining about stolen elections. I am generally not a conspiracy theorist. I don't have tin foil hats, I don't visit stormfront, and I'm pretty sure we don't even own white sheets.

What I am sure of, is that if you watch the political class, you'll see quite a few surprising and confusing moves. The first, most logical explanation is money. Major donors drive policy decisions, regardless of the impact on America and Americans. In order to facilitate that flow of money, it makes good sense for the political class to collude. I have no proof, other than watching what they do, and don't do. I will freely admit that I could be wrong on the collusion part, (not on major donors driving policy). But, if you observe, and connect the dots, it's easy to believe there is a cooperative element in the political class that does not serve America.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Your reply smacks of a vague accusation of racism. "so many like you", "not perhaps an "us" that you and others want to be part of,". If I am reading things that aren't there, I apologize. But, you really don't know me, so to characterize me and "so many like me" is foolish.

I can't recall ever complaining about stolen elections. I am generally not a conspiracy theorist. I don't have tin foil hats, I don't visit stormfront, and I'm pretty sure we don't even own white sheets.

What I am sure of, is that if you watch the political class, you'll see quite a few surprising and confusing moves. The first, most logical explanation is money. Major donors drive policy decisions, regardless of the impact on America and Americans. In order to facilitate that flow of money, it makes good sense for the political class to collude. I have no proof, other than watching what they do, and don't do. I will freely admit that I could be wrong on the collusion part, (not on major donors driving policy). But, if you observe, and connect the dots, it's easy to believe there is a cooperative element in the political class that does not serve America.

Oh Lord!

Did you really just play the race card?

Do I have to explain what I mean by every generalization lest I be accused of engaging in racism?

When did I teleport onto Daily KOS?

By saying "so many like you" I was addressing that group of people whom you identified as "those of us" and "the rest of us" in your post:

"You took a swipe at those of us who think there is little to no difference between the parties, that it's simply the political elite versus the rest of us".

If you chose to self-segregate that's fine. Just don't accuse me of engaging in racism when I address your self-segregated crowd AS a segregated crowd.

I was just making the point that those that you yourself segregated are part of the larger, unsegragated "us" who elects the "ruling" class.

Many here, who share your same distaste for the "ruling" class do, have and theorized as such.

My fault for lumping a different set of "those of us" with your "those of us" when making the larger point that we have exactly the government that "we" (the at-large "we") voted into place.

Quit playing the race card... it's embarrassing.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

Quit playing the race card... it's embarrassing.

After seeing the twist it got from you, how can I resist doing so in the future?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
After seeing the twist it got from you, how can I resist doing so in the future?

Barack would be proud.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

Barack would be proud.

Now I'm the liberal?
This is so awesome. I guess I need to get a "Ready for Hillary" bumper sticker?

Online DCPatriot

Just an observation, guys.  Please?  It's getting beyond silly.

It reminds me of "I know you are, but what am I?". 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Now I'm the liberal?
This is so awesome. I guess I need to get a "Ready for Hillary" bumper sticker?

I prefer the "Vote for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife" one myself.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Just an observation, guys.  Please?  It's getting beyond silly.

It reminds me of "I know you are, but what am I?".

Relax.

I rather like Relic.

He's got spunk.

Offline Relic

Relax.

I rather like Relic.

He's got spunk.

We're good. No animosity here.

I've learned a long time ago that communicating this way is hugely flawed.

Lou Grant: "You've got spunk. I hate spunk."

Online DCPatriot

I prefer the "Vote for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife" one myself.

You know that by the time the 2016 campaign rolls around, the social and economic climates are going to unrecognizable if compared to the current state of affairs.   Today will seem like Utopia.  I don't see how the Federal Reserve can sustain this multi-Billion dollar injection into Wall Street to keep long term rates low.   As it is, real estate sales have slumped despite below 5% 30 year fixed rates.

IMO, Hillary is going to campaign on the visual that "we're going back to "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!" 

Elect me and 'you're' giving Bill Clinton a 3rd and possibly 4th term.

And like it not, Bubba is an iconic 'rock star' to the generation in charge at the time.

Online DCPatriot

Relax.

I rather like Relic.

He's got spunk.

:beer:

Online DCPatriot

We're good. No animosity here.

I've learned a long time ago that communicating this way is hugely flawed.

Lou Grant: "You've got spunk. I hate spunk."

Great to read that, Relic.

I'm crazy about the both of you.   :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Great to read that, Relic.

I'm crazy about the both of you.   :beer:

Excerpted from "The Life of Abraham Lincoln" by Henry Ketcham
Chapter XXXIV - Lincoln and Grant

Prominence always brings envy, fault-finding, hostility. From this Grant did not escape. The more brilliant and uniform his successes, the more clamorous a certain class of people became. The more strictly he attended to his soldierly duties, the more busily certain people tried to interfere,–to tell him how to do, or how not to do. In their self- appointed censorship they even besieged the President and made life a burden to him. With wit and unfailing good nature, he turned their criticisms. When they argued that Grant could not possibly be a good soldier, he replied, “I like him; he fights.”

Offline Relic

Excerpted from "The Life of Abraham Lincoln" by Henry Ketcham
Chapter XXXIV - Lincoln and Grant

Prominence always brings envy, fault-finding, hostility. From this Grant did not escape. The more brilliant and uniform his successes, the more clamorous a certain class of people became. The more strictly he attended to his soldierly duties, the more busily certain people tried to interfere,–to tell him how to do, or how not to do. In their self- appointed censorship they even besieged the President and made life a burden to him. With wit and unfailing good nature, he turned their criticisms. When they argued that Grant could not possibly be a good soldier, he replied, “I like him; he fights.”

Good to know that according to Hank Ketcham, Lincoln didn't see Grant as a menace.
(Sorry couldn't resist).