Author Topic: West Virginia doctor claims patients on VA waiting list committed suicide  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline flowers

This scandal is just obamacare lite. The death panels via obamacare will kill off hundreds of thousands of people.

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
I find it interesting that there can be such a disparity in the level of care at different VA hospitals. My late father, a WWII Navy veteran, lived in Pittsburgh for the last year or so of his life, but there was no way my mother was going to take him to the Pgh. VA hospital, which had a horrible reputation. That  same hospital currently is embroiled in a scandal about a Legionaire's disease outbreak.

Instead, she took him to the Clarksburg, W.Va., hospital in 1993, where he received excellent care until we could get him into a nursing home. From this article, it appears another VA hospital in that state, Huntington, has more in common with the Pittsburgh hospital. Before moving to Pittsburgh, my parents lived in St. Louis, where the VA hospital was on a par with the Pittsburgh one, and now also is caught up in the denial of care scandal.

Lesson:  if you can shop around for the right VA hospital for your family member, do so.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf