Author Topic: Hume: Waitlist-Plagued VA an 'Inconvenient Truth' for Socialized Medicine Proponents  (Read 574 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/05/19/Hume-Waitlist-Plagued-VA-an-Inconvenient-Truth-for-Socialized-Medicine-Proponents

on Breitbart TV 19 May 2014

During his commentary segment on Monday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” network senior political analyst Brit Hume explained why the various forms of government-run or government-funded health care have failed at home and abroad.

“The spreading scandal of delayed care at Veterans Administration hospitals and the unraveling efforts to cover up the problem have resulted in predictable calls for the resignation of VA secretary Eric Shinseki,” Hume said. “But the VA has been plagued with patient backlogs for long as I can remember and the problem has defied all efforts to solve it. The fact is long waits for care are common for government-run tax-payer funded health systems. Think of all the complaints you've read about long waits for care in all the socialized health care systems in Britain and Canada. They are what happens when the government owns and operates the hospitals and pays the doctors and nurses and finances it all out of a central budget.”

“As Michael Tanner of the CATO Institute points out, the delays are simply a form of rationing,” he continued. “This is an inconvenient truth for those who believe in full-blown socialized medicine. But it is also inconvenient to those who prefer a single-payer system where the government does not provide the care, but does pay the bills. That’s how Medicare works. It may be popular because it's supposedly free but people who can afford it buy extra private insurance to cover its gaps. That’s also how Medicaid works. It’s free, too. But good luck finding a doctor who will treat you. The number of physicians who take Medicaid has been declining for years. The recent study of 15 major cities found that fewer than half their doctors now treat Medicaid patients.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Britt has this EXACTLY right!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

I don't think proponents of socialized medicine really care whether it works, except when it comes to them, of course.  To those people, its the program that is most important, not the outcome.  There is no reason to support communism, either, but millions do precisely because its the program that "assures" them a safety net.

Offline flowers

This has been going on for years. Back in the 90's my stepfather was involved with some sort of government entity. I forget which one now.  The day after he died I still remember a lady telling my mother....'we had time on our side, we just waited until he died so we could close the case'

The deaths/murders from obamacare and its death panels will make these deaths/murders feel like nothing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This has been going on for years. Back in the 90's my stepfather was involved with some sort of government entity. I forget which one now.  The day after he died I still remember a lady telling my mother....'we had time on our side, we just waited until he died so we could close the case'

The deaths/murders from obamacare and its death panels will make these deaths/murders feel like nothing.

Yes it has been going on for years and will continue to go on for so long as the gooberment continues to be the proprietor!

Government run business enterprises cannot be made to function efficiently because there is nothing that inherently requires it unlike private sector business interests which MUST function efficiently or go out of business!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien