Author Topic: POLL: Tea Party's McDaniel Leads Cochran 43-39  (Read 521 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
POLL: Tea Party's McDaniel Leads Cochran 43-39
« on: May 19, 2014, 06:39:44 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/19/POLL-Tea-Party-s-McDaniel-edges-out-slim-lead-over-Thad-Cochran-two-weeks-out

by Matthew Boyle 19 May 2014, 8:40 AM PDT

A new Citizens United Political Victory Fund poll shows that six-term incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) is slightly trailing his Tea Party challenger state Sen. Chris McDaniel just a couple weeks from election day in Mississippi. The election is on June 3.

The poll, conducted by pollster Kellyanne Conway of the Polling Company, Inc., found that McDaniel is beating Cochran 43 percent to 39 percent, respectively. A third candidate, Tom Carey, has 3 percent of voters according to the poll, and 12 percent of voters are undecided.

Conway’s firm conducted the poll between May 14 and May 15, and it surveyed 505 likely Republican primary voters in Mississippi. The poll has a 4.4 percent margin of error, meaning McDaniel’s lead is so narrow it’s just inside the margin of error according to this data.

Top-line data that Citizens United Political Victory Fund released with the poll results shows that Cochran is losing even though his favorables are above 50 percent. A total of 56 percent of GOP primary voters think of Cochran as favorable, while only 31 percent view him unfavorably.

McDaniel, on the other hand, has 49 percent who view him as favorable, 19 percent as unfavorable, and 30 percent who either have no opinion or don’t know of McDaniel.

This poll comes just about six weeks after another public poll, from the Tea Party Express, showed McDaniel trailing Cochran 45 percent to 37 percent. A Human Events poll last December showed McDaniel and Cochran tied at 40 percent.

“Mississippi primary voters want new conservative leadership in the United States Senate,” Citizens United president David Bossie told Breitbart News. “That is why Chris McDaniel is well positioned to win on June 3rd.”

The poll was conducted before a 28-year-old blogger was arrested Friday night for entering Cochran's wife's residence at a Madison, MS retirement home to take a photograph of her. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: POLL: Tea Party's McDaniel Leads Cochran 43-39
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:43:39 pm »
PLEASE let this hold through election day!

:finger:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:48:03 am »
This poll was taken before news broke that a pro-McDaniel blogger broke into a nursing home and photographed Cochran's demented wife.  Lots of rumors I've read say McDaniel paid for advertising on the blog and that a McDaniel staffer is cooperating with the police.  Lots of time for McDaniel to drop.

If the rumors are wrong I'll offer my sincere congratulations to the Tea Party and McDaniel, if they are right it's another nail in the Tea Party coffin.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:44:47 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/18/McDaniel-Campaign-Asked-Arrested-Blogger-To-Take-Video-Down-In-Late-April

But a more serious question is why Fritsch and McDaniel both said they knew nothing about it, when the campaign had known about the incident and intervened to stop Kelly April 26, three weeks earlier, Sojourner had called earlier that morning to express her and McDaniel's disgust about it, and according to the campaign, McDaniel had been briefly notified about it that morning.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/melanie-sojourner-voicemail-chris-mcdaniel-thad-cochran-clayton-kelly

"We don't know this guy, we have no idea who he is that's been arrested by the Madison police, trying to do one of the most despicable things that I have ever heard of," Sojourner said in the message for Cochran campaign manager Kirk Sims.