Author Topic: Obama: Americans "better off" under his presidency  (Read 683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Americans "better off" under his presidency
« on: May 20, 2014, 12:49:26 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/fundraising/206591-obama-americans-better-off-under-his-presidency

May 19, 2014, 08:41 pm
Obama: Americans "better off" under his presidency

By Justin Sink

President Obama said Americans were “better off now than when I came into office,” during a fundraiser Monday night outside of Washington.

Obama also slammed congressional Republicans for their focus on the terror attack in Benghazi and the implementation of ObamaCare.

The president told attendees at the high-dollar soiree in Potomac, Maryland that his Republican opposition in Congress had been “captured by ideologues” whose principal focus was on “how to make people sufficiently skeptical, so they can win the next election.”

“The debate now is about what?” Obama asked. “Benghazi? ObamaCare? It becomes this endless loop.”

Obama told donors that he preferred a robust Republican Party —  “I come from the Land of Lincoln” — but that the current iteration of the GOP did not believe “that government can get anything done.”

Obama’s remarks came at a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee at the home of Jeffrey Drenzer, a medical training and technology executive. Tickets to the event, billed as an “intimate dinner,” ranged from $10,000 per person to $32,400 per couple.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), DCCC Chairman Steve Israel (D-N.Y.), and Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley (D) joined a sizable contingent of House Democrats at the event, including Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and fellow Maryland Democrats Elijah Cummings, Chris Van Hollen, Donna Edwards, Dutch Ruppersberger, and John Delaney. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) was also in attendance.

On his way to the fundraiser, Obama stopped to chat with a group of little league teams at a Northwest D.C. baseball field. The president posed for pictures and quizzed the co-ed teams on their drills.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Obama: Americans "better off" under his presidency
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:07:53 am »
Every night I say a prayer that this MF gets what's coming to him.

Every night....... :shrug:

His wealth has grown exponentially since they've moved into the White House...so maybe God is misunderstanding me.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:21:44 am »

His wealth has grown exponentially since they've moved into the White House...so maybe God is misunderstanding me.   LOL!

Maybe God has it right. He and his evil wife have more money. But they also have a legacy of being the worst admin. in the history of the US. They've divided us, made us less secure, taken away opportunity for the next generation or two, restricted our freedoms in ways that our forefathers couldn't even imagine, and caused turmoil in the entire world.

Would you want that legacy in exchange for even more millions than they have managed to extract from us?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 01:30:01 am »
During a fundraiser. On his way to a fundraiser. In between fundraisers. While preparing notes for a fundraiser.

Whatever.

We're not "better off": he's better off.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 01:50:33 am »
Maybe God has it right. He and his evil wife have more money. But they also have a legacy of being the worst admin. in the history of the US. They've divided us, made us less secure, taken away opportunity for the next generation or two, restricted our freedoms in ways that our forefathers couldn't even imagine, and caused turmoil in the entire world.

Would you want that legacy in exchange for even more millions than they have managed to extract from us?

None of us would, but he does, and he'll be darn proud of it.

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 01:54:26 am »

Maybe it's not you? Maybe God is allowing evil to prosper because we, collectively, have turned our back on Him?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 01:58:00 am »
Maybe it's not you? Maybe God is allowing evil to prosper because we, collectively, have turned our back on Him?

Hmmmm.....interesting....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 02:07:01 am »

Or maybe not.  Probably not.  Assuredly not.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 02:48:01 am »
President Obama said Americans were “better off now than when I came into office,” during a fundraiser Monday night outside of Washington.

:bigsilly:

Apparently, to Obuttocks "Americans" means only fedgov civil service employees, 'cause they - and rich white liberals - are the only ones doing any better under Obuttocks' reign of madness.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 03:41:09 am »

Apparently, to Obuttocks "Americans" means only fedgov civil service employees, 'cause they - and rich white liberals - are the only ones doing any better under Obuttocks' reign of madness.

I think the welfare classes are also doing better. There are more people on gov't handouts than ever before. The welfare classes (I won't call them the poor, because they do better than the working poor); gov't employees; crony capitalists (particularly the ones in the global warming industry); and the coastal elites are all doing fine.

The ones who are getting hosed are the middle class - esp. small business owners.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 10:42:54 am »
People are "better off" under his presidency - if they leave the country. :seeya:

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 01:01:24 pm »
Or maybe not.  Probably not.  Assuredly not.

Assuredly?
What makes you sure?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 02:24:01 pm »
I heard recently that the Pope said nonbelievers can go to Heaven, and that God's mercy has no limits.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Millee

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:08 pm »
He just has to say stuff and the media will report it like it's gospel. 

Offline Relic

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 02:55:56 pm »
He just has to say stuff and the media will report it like it's gospel. 

One of the benefits of being a messiah.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:08 pm »
My wife has been laid off for the first time in the 26 years after she graduated from college.   There is your better off for you, Mr. Obama…..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:42:24 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline raml

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 08:32:43 pm »
There is proof that salaries for the average joe have decreased but he lies and it gets reported as gospel truth. Anyone stupid enough to believe anything coming out of this imposters mouth hasn't many brain cells and is to far gone to help.