Author Topic: Jay Carney: Obama First Learned About VA Scandal in the Media....OMG  (Read 451 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jay-carney-obama-first-learned-about-va-scandal-in-the-media/

Jay Carney: Obama First Learned About VA Scandal in the Media
by Noah Rothman | 2:24 pm, May 19th, 2014

President Barack Obama first learned of the scandal involving Department of Veterans Affairs hospital administrators concealing the true wait times vets faced in the press, according to a claim made by White House Press Sec. Jay Carney on Monday. While the president may have not been aware of the falsified wait lists, however, reports indicate that his administration was informed of excessive wait times at the VA as early as 2008. Obama even campaigned on the issue of VA waiting lists in 2007.

“When was the president first made aware of these problems?” CNN reporter Jim Acosta asked. “These fraudulent lists that were being kept to hide the wait times?”

“You mean the specific allegations that were first reported by your network out of Phoenix, I believe, we learned about them through reports,” Carney replied. “That’s when, as I understand, Sec. [Eric] Shinseki learned about them.”

While it is possible that the White House first learned about the apparent systemic effort by VA administrators across multiple institutions to hide the wait times that veterans endured, Obama was aware that excessive wait times were a problem even before he took the oath of office.

“When a veteran is denied health care, we are all dishonored,” Obama said in October, 2007. “When 400,000 veterans are stuck on a waiting list for claims, we need a new sense of urgency in this country.”

A report in the Washington Times on Monday revealed that the president and his transition team were briefed on persistent problems with care and waiting times at the VA before Obama took office.

“This is not only a data integrity issue in which [Veterans Health Administration] reports unreliable performance data,” officials with the VA warned the president-elect in a brief. “t affects quality of care by delaying — and potentially denying — deserving veterans timely care.”

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

It still stuns me how the Obama administration can say virtually anything and face no backlash from the msm. No one will ask why the President doesn't know what's going on in the country. No one will bring up documentation that Obama was warned of this problem long ago. Nothing.

They'll simply report to the stupid American public that Barky had no idea what was happening, and the people will accept that.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Bullshit.....how many times are they going to feign "incompetence" vs. evil intent?

...rhetorical question of course.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Fox just showed clips from Obama's speeches in 2007 and 2009 where he's preaching better leadership to clean up the VA backlog.

Wonder what Carney has to say about this.   :smokin:

Offline Relic

Fox just showed clips from Obama's speeches in 2007 and 2009 where he's preaching better leadership to clean up the VA backlog.

Will anyone dare ask him?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Give him time...Baghdad Jay will come up with something, you can count on it.  The guy will say anything to cover Obama's ass.

Offline speekinout

Bullshit.....how many times are they going to feign "incompetence" vs. evil intent?

...rhetorical question of course.   :whistle:

DC, I am firmly convinced that incompetence is the truth. They might have evil intent, but they're not competent enough to carry it out.

0bama, for sure, isn't competent. I read the articles about how pot smoking reduces one's IQ, ambition and span of concentration. And I read the articles about his high school friends, the Choom Gang. I think his brain power might be what one can expect after too many tokes. He ought to be on the poster for why pot shouldn't be legal.