Author Topic: Harry Reid: Vote to Amend U.S. Constitution to Limit Political Speech  (Read 3351 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Another rock opera, best in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNHxTWOKvgM
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And I know maggots when I see them.

Most of us been around these forums for a long time, and because of that we're used to all kinds of sophomoric attacks from posters who believe that the ends all to end all in a debate is to toss out "liberal", "libtard" RINO" or such other nonsense. When I see that, I immediately equate it to a liberal losing an argument... you know... when the race card gets played. Escalating the attacks to include insecta and other assorted vermin just means that we have now added beer to the sophomoric behavior.

If you were ever to accuse me of having liberal tendencies, I'd say that you were right. I am very much a Liberal Classic, and sometimes I may even brush up against post modern liberalism insofar as I truly believe that short of engaging in activities which pick my pocket or breaks my leg, people should be left alone to do as they wish, with no coercion from either the State, the Church, or a self-anointed morally superior Omnipotent Majority.

So, should you decide to accuse me of having "liberal sensibilities", you will be correct, so don't bother trying to cast the insult. Insults only work when they mean something to the targeted recipient.

I have a long, established habit of considering the source before embracing the moment (and the insult) as it were.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Offline Relic

Most of us been around these forums for a long time, and because of that we're used to all kinds of sophomoric attacks from posters who believe that the ends all to end all in a debate is to toss out "liberal", "libtard" RINO" or such other nonsense. When I see that, I immediately equate it to a liberal losing an argument... you know... when the race card gets played. Escalating the attacks to include insecta and other assorted vermin just means that we have now added beer to the sophomoric behavior.

If you were ever to accuse me of having liberal tendencies, I'd say that you were right. I am very much a Liberal Classic, and sometimes I may even brush up against post modern liberalism insofar as I truly believe that short of engaging in activities which pick my pocket or breaks my leg, people should be left alone to do as they wish, with no coercion from either the State, the Church, or a self-anointed morally superior Omnipotent Majority.

So, should you decide to accuse me of having "liberal sensibilities", you will be correct, so don't bother trying to cast the insult. Insults only work when they mean something to the targeted recipient.

I have a long, established habit of considering the source before embracing the moment (and the insult) as it were.

So, in your intolerant way, you've decided that you dictate what is playing fair, and what is an automatic disqualification.

Here's a clue, I find your posts to be something I'd expect from someone with an over inflated sense of self importance. Your pseudo intellectual dribble is dry, and offers very little in the way of value. You tend to snipe, picking at other posters as you see fit in your own little world. I seek neither approval or validation from someone such as yourself.

Your teaming up with MAC is kind of cute. Some of the little girls in elementary school used to be like that.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I've tried to stay out of this...please move on and get this thread back on track or I will lock it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
So, in your intolerant way, you've decided that you dictate what is playing fair, and what is an automatic disqualification.

Here's a clue, I find your posts to be something I'd expect from someone with an over inflated sense of self importance. Your pseudo intellectual dribble is dry, and offers very little in the way of value. You tend to snipe, picking at other posters as you see fit in your own little world. I seek neither approval or validation from someone such as yourself.

Your teaming up with MAC is kind of cute. Some of the little girls in elementary school used to be like that.

You probably also don't like Roquefort or Limburger.

They are both acquired tastes.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Come on guys....please??  It's only freaking Monday.   LOL!

IMHO, MAC was simply pointing out that when people....some in here lately...publicly say there's no difference between the two parties in terms of leadership and policy (which is laughable on its face), then any vote taken in Congress to go against somebody like what Harry Reid is proposing would be impossible.   Said by MAC in a sarcastic tone, of course.

Maybe his 'crime' was not adding the "[/s]" at the end.   

Let's all shake hands and try not to take everything so personally.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Gents? Are you going to continue frying sprats over a can of sterno or help land this whale?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Come on guys....please??  It's only freaking Monday.   LOL!

IMHO, MAC was simply pointing out that when people....some in here lately...publicly say there's no difference between the two parties in terms of leadership and policy (which is laughable on its face), then any vote taken in Congress to go against somebody like what Harry Reid is proposing would be impossible.   Said by MAC in a sarcastic tone, of course.

Maybe his 'crime' was not adding the "[/s]" at the end.   

Let's all shake hands and try not to take everything so personally.

Offline MACVSOG68

Relic, I sense you're probably a pretty decent person, with some deeply held values.  But so are we all.  This is a good forum because for the most part, people can take positions others don't.  Quit taking it personally and try defeating the argument rather than the poster.  Luis and I have differences, but I truly respect his intellectual approach to an argument.  His logic is what you need to debate.  If you can't then don't activate your keyboard.  He isn't "teaming up" with me; he's trying to explain to you that some of us have been around the block and have different opinions.  But in the end I think we all want to keep the Country from moving any farther to the left.  Others here have also tried to suggest that to you.  As Mystery suggested, Let's move on. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Relic

Relic, I sense you're probably a pretty decent person, with some deeply held values.  But so are we all.  This is a good forum because for the most part, people can take positions others don't.  Quit taking it personally and try defeating the argument rather than the poster.  Luis and I have differences, but I truly respect his intellectual approach to an argument.  His logic is what you need to debate.  If you can't then don't activate your keyboard.  He isn't "teaming up" with me; he's trying to explain to you that some of us have been around the block and have different opinions.  But in the end I think we all want to keep the Country from moving any farther to the left.  Others here have also tried to suggest that to you.  As Mystery suggested, Let's move on.

And we all moved on, but you felt compelled to take one more bite at lecturing me.

You took a swipe at those of us who think there is little to no difference between the parties, that it's simply the political elite versus the rest of us. 240B posted to tell you what you already know. The political class is clever enough to make it appear as though there is real opposition. I believe that to be the general case, even if not always true.

That is the "debate". I hope I made it clear for you, because in spite of your pontification, you seem to miss some things.

Offline MACVSOG68

240B posted to tell you what you already know.

Got it!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Oceander

Gents? Are you going to continue frying sprats over a can of sterno or help land this whale?

Jack Sprat could eat no fat,

His wife could eat no lean.

:silly:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

You never did answer the question on Roquefort vs Limburger.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Mac and Luis teaming up? The world must be coming to an end, or I am in an alternate universe!  *bouche* 8888huh :cross: :mauslaff:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Mac and Luis teaming up? The world must be coming to an end, or I am in an alternate universe!  *bouche* 8888huh :cross: :mauslaff:

Offline R4 TrumPence

Luis  go to bed LOL

Offline DCPatriot

Luis  go to bed LOL

LOL!  Can't sleep either.

After watching a 15 inning NATS game which they lost 4-3, I remembered to watch tonight's episode of 24. 

....where I found myself shouting twice....at the POTUS' Chief of Staff.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:48:51 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And we all moved on, but you felt compelled to take one more bite at lecturing me.

You took a swipe at those of us who think there is little to no difference between the parties, that it's simply the political elite versus the rest of us. 240B posted to tell you what you already know. The political class is clever enough to make it appear as though there is real opposition. I believe that to be the general case, even if not always true.

That is the "debate". I hope I made it clear for you, because in spite of your pontification, you seem to miss some things.

The point that you, and so many like you miss, is that it is "us" that is electing the political class. It's not perhaps an "us" that you and others want to be a part of, but it is "us" nevertheless, in the larger sense of the word.

I don't adhere to all the farcical arguments on voter fraud and  "unfair" primaries. Hell, the people at large and the polity are so blindly disconnected from the affairs of State that neither fraud nor "unfairness" in the electoral process is needed to maintain the ruling class in power.

We are getting exactly the government that we deserve. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

After watching a 15 inning NATS game which they lost 4-3, I remembered to watch tonight's episode of 24. 

That is EXACTLY what I just finished doing.

You could tell that those two hadn't been married long.

Someone married twenty years or so may have held out for a few more knuckles.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:53:20 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline DCPatriot

The point that you, and so many like you miss, is that it is "us" that is electing the political class. It's not perhaps an "us" that you and others want to be a part of, but it is "us" nevertheless, in the larger sense of the word.

I don't adhere to all the farcical arguments on voter fraud and  "unfair" primaries. Hell, the people at large and the polity are so blindly disconnected from the affairs of State that neither fraud nor "unfairness" in the electoral process is needed to maintain the ruling class in power.

We are getting exactly the government that we deserve.

Absolutely agree, Luis.

Now I know how the Conservatives in Sodom and Gomorrah must have felt.

All 'that guy' (whose name escapes me) had to do was find TEN good men and God promised to spare the cities.   And he couldn't do it.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Dang!!! I forgot to watch 24 8888crybaby

Offline DCPatriot

That is EXACTLY what I just finished doing.

You could tell that those two hadn't been married long.

Someone married twenty years or so may have held out for a few more knuckles.

I thought for sure she was going to execute her daughter right in front of him.  A hammer and chisel for a knuckle?   :thud:

Offline R4 TrumPence

I thought for sure she was going to execute her daughter right in front of him.  A hammer and chisel for a knuckle?   :thud:

Ok now I am going to bed, since you are posting spoilers and I haven't seen it yet :nono: :tongue2: