Author Topic: Professor at white privilege conference promotes Marxism as way to defeat racism  (Read 238 times)

rangerrebew

Professor at white privilege conference promotes Marxism as way to defeat racism

May 18, 2014

In a video posted Saturday at Progressives Today, Kankakee Community College adjunct professor Stephanie Baran is heard promoting the idea that capitalism is the cause of racism in the modern world while speaking at the White Privilege Conference held in Madison, Wisconsin, this March. The answer, apparently, is full-blown Marxism.

Baran said she would be "down" with the idea of "kicking out capitalism," even though it would "encourage full scale revolution."

"I've learned I'm a 'vulgar Marxist,'" she added, "because I desire to see the entire dismantling of the system versus the other, softer, kinder, brutal Marxists."

Progressives Today said that more than 2,400 teachers and students attended the conference this year, and were told, among other things, that the white race was created in 1681, and that rape is not intrinsically bad. Another speaker urged attendees to think about ways to rein in free speech, and Christianity was also attacked as a tool that promotes racism.

The goal of the conference, according to another article at Progressives Today, was to promote ways educators could indoctrinate young children as part of the effort to remake America into a collectivist economy ruled by a tyrannical, oppressive government. Naturally, Christianity was a favorite target of speakers at the conference.

“So what do I mean by Christian hegemony?” one speaker said at the conference. “Um … very simply, I define it as the everyday, pervasive, deep seated and institutionalized dominance of Christian values, Christian institutions, leaders, and Christians as a group, primarily for the benefit of Christian ruling elites. So that’s very similar to how we might define racism or sexism or other systems of oppression.”

The right of free speech guaranteed by the First Amendment was another favorite target.

“The United States has the most open notion of freedom of speech in the world,” one speaker told attendees. “Many countries in the world, mainly western countries … for instance in Germany you cannot talk about the Nazis. In the U.S. you can talk about the Nazis. Not in Germany. You can’t buy Nazi memorabilia. Not in Germany. In South Africa you can’t talk about apartheid if you want apartheid.

“So even in western, liberal democracies there will be … there are certain things we do not do and do not say because they do hurt people and can lead people, through those words, to commit crimes against other people."

The speaker went on to wonder "how will we work on that at the local, state, national and international level?” The answer, Progressives Today said, "is for government to decide what’s okay for us to say out loud, and what we have to keep to ourselves."

"And that, of course, would mean that all criticism of government would be banned in short order," Steve Gunn added.

To help achieve this goal, teachers were instructed how to indoctrinate young children at the grade-school level. One session at the conference, for example, was called “Examining White Privilege and Building Foundations for Social Justice Thinking in the Elementary Classroom.”

How well does the indoctrination work? One young convert sounded off before the assembled masses.

“I can talk about how the racism inside me, I feel like I’m going to go home and tell my parents that I’m a racist and I’m not proud of that but I’m proud that I can say that,” the unidentified student said.

"At that moment, the assembled group of educators and activists applauded their latest convert," Kyle Olson reported.

Video of Baram's comments can be seen above.

http://www.examiner.com/article/professor-at-white-privilege-conference-promotes-marxism-as-way-to-defeat-racism?CID=examiner_alerts_article
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:11:17 am by rangerrebew »