Author Topic: That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is ......  (Read 1070 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is ......
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:46:28 am »
I usually enjoy reading Zero Hedge because the insights are often interesting and I think pessimism is an underrated virtue these days. However, this guest article on unsold cars is so demonstrably false I had to take a break from my Sunday morning to dispute it. 1

It is an admittedly appealing idea to think that automakers, unable to sell cars, are just wildly producing them and then dumping them around the world in an endless cycle of mass production hysteria. So much of the modern economy seems senseless and inexplicable, which is why an article like this seems to give some credence to the feeling many of us have inside that something is terribly wrong.

The visuals are strong, the headline is clear, and you almost don't have to read the article to viscerally understand the problem. I, more than anyone, get the appeal of this story because it seems to largely rip off an article I wrote — including the images and headline — more than five years ago.......

http://jalopnik.com/that-zero-hedge-article-on-unsold-cars-is-bullshit-1578124255

Oceander

Re: That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is ......
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 03:53:48 am »
that's pretty funny - that someone would be paranoid enough, and stupid enough, to believe the article being critiqued.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is ......
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:06:20 am »
Zero Hedge has taken over last place from the Yahoo boards and the comments sections on MarketWatch when it comes to a good financial discussion, i.e. there isn't one.   

As far as dumping brand new vehicles..... in late 2010/early 2011, the US government shipped approximately 1100 brand new pick-ups and SUV's to Iraq for the use of the US military.
Yeah, the vast majority of troops were already gone. You know where the vehicles went, and we paid for them.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.