Author Topic: Christie calls for more aggressive foreign policy  (Read 259 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Christie calls for more aggressive foreign policy
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:09:08 PM »

Support the USO

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Christie calls for more aggressive foreign policy
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 10:06:49 PM »
It's easy to address Jewish groups with pro-Israel rhetoric today, but most candidates will leave their neo-conservative leanings at home when the campaigns begin in earnest. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:01:35 AM »
It's easy to address Jewish groups with pro-Israel rhetoric today, but most candidates will leave their neo-conservative leanings at home when the campaigns begin in earnest. 

not exactly sure what your point is.  are you saying that when it comes to campaigning, no one (who's anyone) is going to be calling for a stronger US foreign policy?  That they'll all be singing hosannas to the Obama foreign policy?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »
not exactly sure what your point is.  are you saying that when it comes to campaigning, no one (who's anyone) is going to be calling for a stronger US foreign policy?  That they'll all be singing hosannas to the Obama foreign policy?

I'm saying most of the potential nominees feel comfortable with calling for a stronger US foreign policy today.  When the campaigns begin for real, they will understand that Americans are pretty much war weary, and won't see all the advantages to our military actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.  They'll likely be calling for a different foreign policy.  People won't want to hear about a more aggressive approach to dealing with a vastly changing geopolitical landscape.  And most serious voters also understand that our $17 trillion debt is due in no small part to our military enhanced foreign policy.

We won't walk away from Israel or any other friend or ally, but I think the candidates will speak to those issues foreign and domestic that we can realistically impact.  Neocon philosophy isn't going to make a lot of headway in 2016.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 08:29:15 AM »
Mate of mine made a very apposite analogy the other day about Obama's military foreign policy. He's taking one of the sharpest scalpels ever made, and using it to spread butter on his toast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf