Author Topic: Rove: No regrets on Clinton comments  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rove: No regrets on Clinton comments
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:24:20 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=

By JONATHAN TOPAZ |
5/18/14 9:59 AM EDT

Karl Rove on Sunday said he had no regrets about his comments about Hillary Clinton's health.

“I’m not questioning her health. What I’m questioning is whether or not it’s a done deal if she’s running," the Republican strategist said. "And she would not be a human if did not take this into consideration. She’ll be 69 at the time of the 2016 election. If she gets elect and serves two terms, she’ll be 77.”

In a lively panel discussion on "Fox News Sunday," the Republican strategist defended his comments on Clinton, reported last week in The New York Post. The Post reported that Rove said the former secretary of State may have brain damage due to a blood clot she suffered in 2012. Rove has since said that he never used the phrase brain damage, but has largely defended his comments as fair game when discussing a possible 2016 presidential run for Clinton. On Sunday, he said he had no regrets about his comments or handling of the situation.

When host Chris Wallace asked Rove whether he has questions about her "physical ability" to run for president, Rove said: “No, no, no, no. I don’t. I don’t. But I do think that it would not be human if you’re sitting there to say, ‘I’ve had a serious brain injury.’”

“A concussion by definition is a traumatic brain injury," Rove added later, saying that she dealt with a "serious health issue" for 30 days.

He also slammed former President Bill Clinton, saying he "savaged" his 1996 GOP presidential opponent Bob Dole with attacks on his age. “I like being lectured by Bill Clinton saying this is off limits," he said.

Juan Williams harshly criticized Rove while sitting next to him on the panel, saying that Rove made “mistakes” in his comments, like his erroneous claim that Clinton spent 30 days in the hospital.

Williams also decried Rove for making a "personal attack" about Clinton, saying that the Republican Party is far too focused on her.

“The GOP at this moment is apoplectic about Hillary Clinton,” he said, saying the party is blaming her for everything, including the Benghazi attacks.

“You guys are going crazy!” Williams added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34