Support the USO

Offline flowers

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
You have job lady. shut up

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Here is an idea, lady.  Rather than bitch and groan at the employer you do have, take your anger and channel it into something positive.  Go to work every day and suck up to your superiors, massage the hell out of the customers and exceed the expectations of everyone who evaluates your work.  It won't be hard.  The rarest commodity on the face of the earth is human competence.

Once you do that, take your skill set to another employer and get paid more.  Or better yet, take what you have learned and start your own little retail store.  Move yourself up the ladder and then be thankful to Walmart for giving you a free education and paying you to boot.

PS: A makeover might help.  The Hillbilly look was never in, and it's not coming back.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:53:39 AM by massadvj »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »
The part about how they chained her up and force her to work there and never let her quit or find something different is the part that got me...

Oh wait, they didn't do that? 

Based on the tone of her article, her circumstances are very much a part of her own making from her own attitude and outlook on life. I know people with much more difficult lives who make the best of it and overcome their circumstances.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »
I guess she can't afford a haircut/hairstyle either...... :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 12:13:26 PM »
The part about how they chained her up and force her to work there and never let her quit or find something different is the part that got me...

Oh wait, they didn't do that? 

Based on the tone of her article, her circumstances are very much a part of her own making from her own attitude and outlook on life. I know people with much more difficult lives who make the best of it and overcome their circumstances.

I have students who come into work every day.  They attend classes, do homework, study and live in rooms the size of closets, which they share.  And they go into debt and pay US to treat them that way.  In many respects, this lady is getting a better education than my students are, and she is getting paid to get it.   
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
She is a democrat. She whines all the time that is all they do. I stayed home for 22 yrs was then divorced and had to go get a job. I choose sales because you control what you earn and was making almost as much as my ex husband who was a buyer for Ford Motor company for 20 yrs in just a few months. If I can do it so can anyone else. I have supported myself for the past 30 yrs since my divorce and bought my own home and helped my adult children when ever I could. Quit your damn whining and go and show your bosses how good an employee you can be and you will soon be on a different path.  Only you can help yourself we the taxpayers owe you nothing.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
Step 1: Resign

Step 2: Find yourself a job that merits your self-esteem

Step3: Shut your pie hole.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
Every day for a week I went to the hospital and had to pay $30, $60 or $100 in co-pays for each appointment, test and X-ray.
Those frequent X-rays may be part of the problem. They are known carcinogens.

That being said, 1) she has a car and could move to greener pastures at any time. 2) Mountain View is smack-dab in the middle of Silicon Valley and is home to a very large number of companies, many of which I am sure have entry level positions somewhere. (Besides, what is a woman like her doing in a high-tech town like Mountain View, anyway?) I have had a similar job with similar pay for several years. I don't have a car. I don't have dozens of high-tech companies in my hometown. Yet I, and others like me, get by. We're not rich, but we don't bellyache about how our employers (of much lesser means than Wal-Mart) are treating us like doo-doo. She has time for a second job, considering what she has said. Perhaps the problem here is not that she isn't making enough for a relatively menial job, but that she isn't working enough to make it worthwhile.

Of course, her complaint of not getting over 30 hours a week very often could very well be a direct result of Obamacare's still-pending employer mandate.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 08:03:40 PM »
her complaint of not getting over 30 hours a week very often could very well be a direct result of Obamacare's still-pending employer mandate.
Probably. It also probably is true that she isn't highly paid and gets fewer hours because she demonstrates no initiative and has mediocre skills. Walmart is one place you really can start at the bottom and work your way up to highly-paid management positions - if you're willing to work for them, that is.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

James 5:8
King James Bible

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »
A thread like this is useless without pictures and a music video......

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM</a>

:whistle:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf