Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH WINS 'AUTHOR OF THE YEAR' FROM CHILDREN'S BOOK COUNCIL.....  (Read 8690 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geeeeez...I hope not...I don't want to spend the next several months breaking up fights...and answering post reports...let's all remember to use posting etiquette ...we can get our points across without name calling, snide remarks or snarky comments.... :smokin:

:laugh:   .....forgot my 'sarcasm' tag.    Sorry.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
:laugh:   .....forgot my 'sarcasm' tag.    Sorry.

The genius of Jim Robinson's FR was (still is) software that allows you to directly respond to another poster. In effect, there you can snipe your name-calling, your snide remark or your snarky comment. All that remained then were the "some people" type oblique insults which are always the realm of passive-aggressive posters, and generally speaking, those generate larger, more intense brawls since they shotgun an insult of sorts into a crowd of likely insult recipients, leaving the shooter with the ability to proclaim innocence as they watch the thread burn to the ground.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

The genius of Jim Robinson's FR was (still is) software that allows you to directly respond to another poster. In effect, there you can snipe your name-calling, your snide remark or your snarky comment. All that remained then were the "some people" type oblique insults which are always the realm of passive-aggressive posters, and generally speaking, those generate larger, more intense brawls since they shotgun an insult of sorts into a crowd of likely insult recipients, leaving the shooter with the ability to proclaim innocence as they watch the thread burn to the ground.

Over here that's called a "personal message" Luis, and you can send as many of them as you'd like.  try it sometime.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Over here that's called a "personal message" Luis, and you can send as many of them as you'd like.  try it sometime.

We have personal messages here as well, don't we Oceander?

That's were people get to be cowards and hypocrites.

A great example is you trying to settle tempers above board, here in the visible forum, while simultaneously sending me PMs where you call me arrogant and paranoid. You did that ten minutes ago, and now you're trying to see if you can goad me into another argument via your disingenuous duplicity.

Do you really think that the best way to settle an argument is to cast insults behind the scenes only to try and take the high road in the eyes of the rest?

Or is this tactic of increasing the animosity in the background while visibly playing at being the alpha poster and settler of brawls on the visible forum your way of asserting your position in the forum?

The most destructive aspect of ANY forum is the ability to send PMs.

That's were plots are plotted and harpies hatched.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:57:22 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
BTW Oceander.

I'd like to point out that I disengaged immediately before myst jumped in, yet the debate about forum civility is still going on a page later, while you are still waging war via PMs.

My advice to you is to do exactly what I did back in page 4 of this 5 page thread.

Disengage.

Offline NavyCanDo

I'd like the thread to get back on topic. Children's Book's on American history that are receiving high awards and great reviews. Books that tell the truth and don't screw with the facts - yet kids love them, and are learning things the school would never teach them.    I don't care if you like Rush or not, we need more of these type of authors, and more of these types of books. And I'll keep buying them for my son - and myself. They are a good read at any age.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

I'd like the thread to get back on topic. Children's Book's on American history that are receiving high awards and great reviews. Books that tell the truth and don't screw with the facts - yet kids love them, and are learning things the school would never teach them.    I don't care if you like Rush or not, we need more of these type of authors, and more of these types of books. And I'll keep buying them for my son - and myself. They are a good read at any age.

All too true, NCD!

When were were kids, we were 'weaned' on Roy Rogers, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Gunsmoke and other assorted Western heroes that "...always caught the bad guy, who received his due before the 30 minute episode was over.

The good guys wore tasseled cowhide and rode white horses.  The bad guys always looked dirty, constipated and had beards.  LOL!

Today's youth has nothing like that.  That have Spongebob Squarepants and their parents had Mutant Ninja Turtles.

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
All too true, NCD!

When were were kids, we were 'weaned' on Roy Rogers, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Gunsmoke and other assorted Western heroes that "...always caught the bad guy, who received his due before the 30 minute episode was over.

The good guys wore tasseled cowhide and rode white horses.  The bad guys always looked dirty, constipated and had beards.  LOL!

Today's youth has nothing like that.  That have Spongebob Squarepants and their parents had Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I happen to love Spongebob.

Offline DCPatriot

I happen to love Spongebob.

:laugh:    Why of course, you would, Luis!    :beer:

Offline NavyCanDo

Back when kid's movie hero's had creeds or rules to live by for their young fans. And the kids would know them by heart.

Rider's Rules By Roy Rogers

1. Be neat and clean.

2. Be courteous and polite.

3. Always obey your parents.

4. Protect the weak and help them.

5. Be brave but never take chances.

6. Study hard and learn all you can.

7. Be kind to animals and take care of them.

8. Eat all your food and never waste any.

9. Love God and go to Sunday school regularly.

10. Always respect our flag and our country.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:40:58 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

Back when kid's movie hero's had creeds or rules to live by for their young fans. And the kids would know them by heart.

1. Be neat and clean.

How could something so beautiful and good...be abandoned and made to seem weird and old-fashioned?

IMO, things started to go to hell, when momma went to work to supplement the household income.

Looking back, if only they became hookers, at least they'd still be around the house in case Johnny scraped his knee.   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All too true, NCD!

https://www.youtube.com/v/J55S38xwxnQ
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Looking back, if only they became hookers, at least they'd still be around the house in case Johnny scraped his knee.

Every single working mom out there is a hooker for the Democrat Party.  They just don't know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

:laugh:    Why of course, you would, Luis!    :beer:

I worried a lot more about my kids watching "Family Guy", "American Dad" and "South Park" than Spongebob.

Offline DCPatriot

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

1. Be neat and clean.

Such common sense, which now of course, is considered hate speech.