Author Topic: Allen West: I'm Considering Running for President  (Read 656 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Allen West: I'm Considering Running for President
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2014/05/17/allen-west-i-could-run-for-president-n1839300/print

Allen West: I'm Considering Running for President

5/17/2014 9:00:00 AM - Daniel Doherty

The fiery former congressman and retired military colonel Allen West hasn’t definitively ruled out running for president in 2016. Earlier this week he told radio host and Townhall columnist Ben Shapiro that he’s “considering it,” but tempered his remarks by saying he hasn’t made up his mind yet. The Washington Examiner caught the transcript:

While appearing on Wednesday's edition of AM 870's "Morning Answer," Col. Allen West told Ben Shapiro that he is considering a run for the White House in 2016 out of respect for those who have asked him to run.

"As I was doing the motorcycle ride across the country and wherever we stopped, fuel stop, overnight stop, people would come up and they would ask me that question," he said. "And it would be very disrespectful and dismissive of great Americans if I did not step back and take the time to consider it and pray about it and talk about it with close confidants, so that is what I'll do."

West, however, warned that while he'll consider a run, there is no guarantee he actually will throw his hat in the ring.

"Am I considering it?" he asked. "I am considering it. That does not mean I am going to jump it and do it, but in respect to those people who are so very kind and believe that I have that level of capacity and capability, that’s what I have to do for them.”

If he takes the plunge he’ll find himself in a crowded field overflowing with Tea Party favorites. Presumably, he’d need to beat out Cruz, Paul, Huckabee and Carson (?) to secure the grassroots Righty nod before taking on the establishment candidate. But what are the chances that happens?

I just don't see how Colonel West clinches the nomination with so many talented candidates in the mix. The safer bet is that either Cruz or Paul will be conservatives' top choice. Then again, the field is wide open -- and who knows what the future might bring.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Allen West: I'm Considering Running for President
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 03:34:14 pm »
I love, love, love Allen West, but I don't want to see another great contender enter what the article says is "an already crowded field".  I think West would be totally awesome in a Cabinet position - but we desperately need to narrow our field down to one or two candidates.  We've got too many really good people wanting to enter the fray - that frankly, I don't think have a chance to win.  This is what kills us every time - we must render this down ourselves before we battle ourselves down while the "moderate" candidate sails through the primaries unassailed. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »
Translation:

Allen West thinks there might be some money for him from GOPe establishment types who will want him to go bloody up Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »
Translation:

Allen West thinks there might be some money for him from GOPe establishment types who will want him to go bloody up Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

I think you are right in that the GOPe is behind this - but I think they are much more subtle in their tactics.  Instead of plying Allen West with promises of "money" coming to him - I think they have people that encourage him to run for altruistic reasons - and no one can dispute that we have a desperate need for good leadership.  The same with Ben Carson and some others - they think there is a large enough contingent wanting them to run - but I think a lot of it is engineered to goad them into entering the race and diluting it - while the "big money" candidate of the establishment's choice breezes through. 

I think it is quite sinister actually.  Now, call me a tinfoil hat conspiracist if you wish! 

:tinfoil:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:00 am »
If Allen West can't win re-election in a tiny congressional district how can he win a nation?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:05:47 am »
If he takes the plunge he’ll find himself in a crowded field overflowing with Tea Party favorites.

2012 all over again. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!