Author Topic: Palin blasts Obama: Death panels? You betcha!  (Read 353 times)

rangerrebew

Palin blasts Obama: Death panels? You betcha!
« on: May 17, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »

Palin blasts Obama: Death panels? You betcha!
By Michael Dorstewitz on May 17, 2014 at 9:43 am 

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin took to social media Friday to blast the Obama administration’s use of death panels in a post she titled, “No Problem With Death Panels, Not Even a Smidgen.”

The term “death panel” refers to the rationing of health care by a review board given the power to decide who receives, and who is denied health care.

Although the Obama administration has steadfastly denied the existence of death panels — especially in the Affordable Care Act — evidence of health care rationing by the federal government continues to mount.

Palin invited her Twitter followers to “take a stroll down ‘death panel’ memory lane” with this tweet:

Then she got down to business on her Facebook page, and recalled a claim she’d made almost five years earlier:

And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s ‘death panel’ so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their ‘level of productivity in society,’ whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.

Palins claim resulted in a firestorm from her detractors, and earned her Politifact’s “Lie of the Year,” an honor most recently bestowed on President Obama for his oft repeated “If you like your plan you can keep it” claim.

Fast forwarding to the present, she quoted this from The Daily Caller:

When individuals receive care through the VA, it becomes the only payer and hence, the only decision-maker. The VA decides who gets care, when, and how much. Moreover, as the single payer, the VA bears the risk of loss: If tax dollars aren’t enough to pay for the care demanded, there’s only one result —rationing of care.

Palin then quotes Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, and the president to conclude that the Affordable Care Act was established as the first step toward a government-run, single-payer system, keeping private insurers out of the mix.

And how do other federal single-payer plans measure up? The Heritage Foundation noted in 2009 that the AMA’s National Health Insurance Report Card compared the rejection rate by Medicare, the primary dingle-payer plan in America, to that of private insurers.

“Medicare denies 6.85 percent of its claims, higher than any private insurer,” Heritage reported, “and more than double any private insurer’s average.”

Palin submitted that history would eventually prove her right.

I love this American Awakening when finally more voters can’t say they weren’t warned. Stamped with the media’s “Lie of the Year”, I had the sticky label on my back for years used as convenient “proof” that commonsense conservatives just don’t know what we’re talking about. Denouncing from the Orwellian Left and a squishy Right ensued. But the truth stares us in the face and pocketbook, especially as we see the unworkable Obamacare.

We got a sneak peak at death panels in action last June, when 10-year-old Sarah Murnaghan, who suffers from cystic fibrosis, was denied a lung transplant from an adult donor. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network lung review board, overseen by the Department of Health and Human Services, made its decision due to her age. Without new lungs, physicians estimated she would die within weeks.

It was only after mounting pressure from members of Congress and the public that HHS gave in and Murnaghan received a lung transplant.

“What happens next is the Left will subtly suggest moving America toward a single-payer system, which was their intention all along, Palin concludes. “Watch for this gradual, but driving, descent into statism.”

Read more at http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/05/17/death-panels-betcha/#WUdDx6gxcPU3EVKw.99

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Palin blasts Obama: Death panels? You betcha!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:41 am »
The lady was right.