Author Topic: Poll: Most in US approve of Clinton  (Read 623 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Most in US approve of Clinton
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:12 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/206317-poll-more-than-half-of-us-approves-of-hillary-clinton

May 16, 2014, 10:53 am
Poll: Most in US approve of Clinton

By Rebecca Shabad

A majority of people in the United States approve of Hillary Clinton, according to a new poll.

A Reuters/Ipsos survey released Thursday found 57 percent of people who are aware of Clinton have a favorable opinion of her. Forty-three percent, by contrast, view her negatively.

Nearly a quarter of Republicans also said they have a favorable view of Clinton.

The potential 2016 Democratic presidential contender has strong name recognition, with 96 percent of respondents saying they’re aware of her.

But among those respondents who viewed her negatively, “Benghazi” was the most common term mentioned when explaining their disapproval.

Republicans are probing the administration's handling of the deadly terror attack in Libya that killed four Americans during Clinton's tenure as secretary of State.

"Strong," however, was the term people used the most to describe Clinton.

More than half said they view Clinton as an effective leader, and 62 percent said she knows how to connect with voters.

The poll comes as Clinton's qualifications for a White House bid came under fire last week after Karl Rove raised questions about her age and health. The Republican strategist suggested that she may have suffered brain damage after a fall in 2012 that led to a blood clot in her head.

One of Clinton’s spokesmen shot back and said she is “100 percent.”

Clinton has not yet declared a run for the presidency, but is considered the Democratic front-runner if she chooses to launch a campaign.

Ipsos polled 1,518 adults online from May 11 to 15 with a 2.9 percentage point margin of error.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Poll: Most in US approve of Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:45 pm »
I'm sorry I just don't believe this...no way it is this high.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:59:19 pm »
(if Poll is accurate) Conclusion: Most in US braindead

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:03:27 pm »
I'm sorry I just don't believe this...no way it is this high.
I agree.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »
A Reuters/Ipsos survey released Thursday found 57 percent of people who are aware of Clinton have a favorable opinion of her. Forty-three percent, by contrast, view her negatively.
No neutrals or undecideds? That's unusual.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 06:23:46 pm »
/snicker

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »

And so are commonly-held beliefs established in the public consciousness.

Makes election-fraud much easier to manage...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »
And so are commonly-held beliefs established in the public consciousness.

Makes election-fraud much easier to manage...

Exactly!  The seed planting is constant!  And it will even bring in some votes of the weaker minded that want to be sure to be backing the "winner!"   :shrug:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:59:27 pm »
No neutrals or undecideds? That's unusual.

yep...and another good reason why this whole poll is suspect.

I'd like to go on the record right now with a prediction I feel very comfortable making about the 2016 race.

If and when the Hildebeest announces for the Presidency, there will be another Veterans group that will arise to oppose her, and they will make what the Swiftboat Vets did to John Fing Kerry look like a Cub Scout picnic.  And when they do announce, contributions and support from veterans like me and many many other will pour in, and the opposition to her over Benghazi alone will be overwhelming.  She cannot survive as a candidate in that kind of atmosphere, just like Kerry couldn't, only in spades...

:smokin:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 08:04:03 pm »
yep...and another good reason why this whole poll is suspect.

I'd like to go on the record right now with a prediction I feel very comfortable making about the 2016 race.

If and when the Hildebeest announces for the Presidency, there will be another Veterans group that will arise to oppose her, and they will make what the Swiftboat Vets did to John Fing Kerry look like a Cub Scout picnic.  And when they do announce, contributions and support from veterans like me and many many other will pour in, and the opposition to her over Benghazi alone will be overwhelming.  She cannot survive as a candidate in that kind of atmosphere, just like Kerry couldn't, only in spades...

:smokin:
Just remember: Hillary was formidable this time in 2006 as well. A lot can change in a couple of years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 01:04:13 am »
Here's my guess:  Approval = name recognition.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 02:46:13 am »
jmyrlefuller wrote above:
[[ No neutrals or undecideds? That's unusual. ]]

How can anyone be "neutral" about Hillary Clinton ??

There were a few posts above that dismissed the article.
This is "whistlin' past the graveyard".

Let's assume the "57%" number above is off by, say, ten percentage points. That leaves 47% in favor as opposed to 43% "negative".

That remains a relatively strong "starting point" for Clinton vs. an as-yet-unchosen Republican (and I sense that "the choosing" for the Pubbies this time around is going to be a brutal contest).

The Pubbies had better savor their victory this November.
But next time around, things ain't gonna be so easy...