Author Topic:  (Read 348 times)

Offline flowers

« on: May 16, 2014, 11:30:22 AM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »
It's my understanding that the Rams were in the dark as to the "Reality Show".   

From the start, the Rams are top-heavy in defensive set-ups....the chances that he's even going to make the team are slim and none.

...especially now, with the added distraction(s) of having cameras in the RAMS' facilities.

SIDENOTE:   It also makes that "kiss" with the wedding cake a less spontaneous event...with Oprah's network cameras on site.

Also, I'm sure that Vinnie's father...the mobster would like to change his son's name to Fredo.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »
the comment section is a interesting read. not many happy at this.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:29:19 PM »

From the start, the Rams are top-heavy in defensive set-ups....the chances that he's even going to make the team are slim and none.
I still think this guy thinks he's untouchable. If he gets cut, the Rams are branded as homophobes.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
I still think this guy thinks he's untouchable. If he gets cut, the Rams are branded as homophobes.

Catch 22.....if they don't, then others that DO get cut may claim damages under the "equal protection" clause(s).
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
They might not legally be allowed to do this.

The NFL makes BILLIONS of dollars off selling the television rights to its product, and it extends from games right on down to the smallest organized team activity. Oprah does not own any of those rights.

So basically, the network will be restricted to something along the lines of "The T.O. Show" or "Ev and Ocho;" that is, they can film the stuff that goes on off the field and behind the scenes (OK, disturbing thought there!), but they won't be allowed to lay a camera on the football field.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
Oprah Winfrey's Channel Calls Off Michael Sam Series
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 11:07:22 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf