Author Topic: Walls Closing In for Jews at UCLA -- and in America  (Read 596 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Walls Closing In for Jews at UCLA -- and in America
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:29:43 pm »
May 16, 2014
Walls Closing In for Jews at UCLA -- and in America
By Pamela Geller

The walls are closing in on status of equality of Jews in America. Anti-Semites and Islamic supremacists have been pursuing their bigoted agenda of hate under the guise of the invented Palestinian narrative. After years of battering and bullying, they have reached a tipping point. A terrible, horrible tipping point.

The targeting and mistreatment of Jews on the UCLA campus has grown increasingly virulent – while the university’s administration and the mainstream media yawn. One particular Jewish student at UCLA, Avinoam Baral, is being vilified and targeted incessantly by Muslim groups. Muslim Brotherhood groups, so named in the largest terrorist funding trial in our nation’s history, are demanding that Jewish students sign Nuremberg-like oaths not to associate with Jewish groups, in their continuing jihad against the Jews.

Daniel Mael, a student at Brandeis and a courageous defender of truth and freedom, reported Thursday that “the editorial board of Al-Talib, the Muslim Newsmagazine at UCLA, called on Jewish student Avinoam Baral to disassociate himself from the pro-Israel program Hasbara Fellowships due to the group's alleged Islamophobia. Al-Talib alleged that the Jewish program “actively (contributes) to violence against Muslims” and asked that Baral, who is a candidate for Internal Vice President in upcoming UCLA student elections, separate himself from the program.” Al-Talib is notorious for having referred to Osama bin Laden as a “freedom fighter” in a 1999 article.

In denouncing Baral, Al-Talib said that “this is NOT to say that Baral is an Islamophobe,” but added: “This IS to say that if Baral does not share those Islamophobic beliefs, he should find it easy to distance himself from organizations that actively contribute to violence against Muslims.” It declared, “that is the only way to provide a measure of reassurance for Muslim students that the Islamophobic message produced by these organizations will not be legitimized should he be elected to office.”

Al-Talib is closely tied to UCLA’s chapter of the Muslim Students Association (MSA). According to Discover the Networks, “as revealed in documents seized by the FBI and entered as evidence in a Texas court, the Muslim Students Association is a legacy project of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is an organization formed by a Hitler-admiring Muslim named Hasan al-Banna in Egypt in 1928.”

The magazine’s effort to strong-arm Baral is part of a larger leftist and Muslim effort to demonize Israel and her defenders. The UCLA paper, the Daily Bruin, reported Tuesday that “all candidates running with the FIRED UP! and LET’S ACT! slates and none running with Bruins United have signed the Joint Statement on Undergraduate Students Association Council Ethics, which asks for councilmembers to refrain from taking free or sponsored trips with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, the Anti-Defamation League or Hasbara Fellowships.” It noted also that the MSA supported the statement as well.

The Daily Bruin story said that Baral, “the Bruins United candidate for internal vice president and the current chief of staff for the Internal Vice President’s office, said he did not sign on to the statement because he thinks that councilmembers should have the freedom to associate with different organizations and to educate themselves about different topics through trips as long as they are not violating the USAC bylaws or constitution.”

Indeed. This initiative is an attempt to declare that support for Israel is outside the bounds of acceptable discourse. That’s what UCLA has come to. Administrators should step in and put a stop to these intimidation tactics. But they won’t. They issued a non-statement about the matter, saying essentially that they weren’t going to do anything: “UCLA encourages a climate of respectful engagement among students, faculty and staff, even in situations that are very difficult, painful and complex. Student government functions independently, its proceedings proscribed by a constitution that makes available to students and student groups a process to review issues of alleged conflicts of interest. UCLA encourages all involved in this particular process to deliberate in an honest, respectful and inclusive manner.”

This is the state of academia today – not just at UCLA but all across the country, as BDS initiatives grow in popularity. Supporters of Israel are increasingly shut down, shouted down, and physically menaced by assertive, aggressive leftists and Muslims who know that administrations will do nothing to rein in their thuggery. Universities are supposed to be centers of learning. For Jews they’re instead increasingly precarious, dangerous places.

Pamela Geller is the President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), publisher of PamelaGeller.com and author of The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America and Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance. Follow her on Twitter here. Like her on Facebook here.

http://americanthinker.com/2014/05/walls_closing_in_for_jews_at_ucla__and_in_america.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Walls Closing In for Jews at UCLA -- and in America
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »
Well, yeah. How many Jews voted for Obama? How many Jews funded supported him, and all the rest of current day America? American Jews are crazy Liberals and they are stupid. You can't live your whole life being a 'holier than thou' jerk and an bleep without it coming back to bite you.

American Jews have shaped America to be what it is. Now they have to deal with it. Here it is. You won. Now you get what you have built.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »
Well, yeah. How many Jews voted for Obama? How many Jews funded supported him, and all the rest of current day America? American Jews are crazy Liberals and they are stupid. You can't live your whole life being a 'holier than thou' jerk and an bleep without it coming back to bite you.

American Jews have shaped America to be what it is. Now they have to deal with it. Here it is. You won. Now you get what you have built.

I am an American Jew.

I am also not a "crazy liberal", nor an "bleep", nor are most members of my family, even if they are not all as politically conservative as I am.

Even the more liberal members of my family are increasingly aware of the danger rising in our midst: the loss of a moral compass, the erosion of freedom, the increasing embrace of a radical, self-destructive culture that promotes values wholly in opposition to those that first brought our families to these shores.

The fact is that antisemitism is a form of collectivism and far more a feature of the Left than of the Right.

I love my family, country and its Constitution and have armed myself so that I may protect all of these, should it become necessary.

I am not alone.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 01:53:57 pm »
I am an American Jew.

I am also not a "crazy liberal", nor an "bleep", nor are most members of my family, even if they are not all as politically conservative as I am.

Even the more liberal members of my family are increasingly aware of the danger rising in our midst: the loss of a moral compass, the erosion of freedom, the increasing embrace of a radical, self-destructive culture that promotes values wholly in opposition to those that first brought our families to these shores.

The fact is that antisemitism is a form of collectivism and far more a feature of the Left than of the Right.

I love my family, country and its Constitution and have armed myself so that I may protect all of these, should it become necessary.

I am not alone.

Before Obama was first elected, we discussed in here, why it was that American Jews still tended to vote Democratic, despite said Party's then current platforms.

It's still a mystery. 

And yet, when you give only a cursory glance at the state of our country today, and how Obama disdains Israel and shows unbridled affection for the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran....the only conclusion one can walk away with it that they are simply ignorant or mentally challenged.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 01:54:19 pm »
Look at any, any, Liberal organization in America and you will see that they are almost 100% Jewish. ACLU? Acorn? Organizing for America? All Jewish with a few Black people. They did this to themselves because they are crazy.

How many Jewish professors on campuses all across the country were aggressively supporting and defending antisemitism, because they thought it made them 'superior' or intelligent?

Ok, you put that stuff in society and you get what you get. What did they expect would happen. Do American Jews have no concept of history? What the hell is wrong with them?

They had a beautiful Christian moral country, which gave them everything, and all they want to do is to f*** it all up. Why? They are killing themselves for no good reason. It is impossible to understand.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 02:04:43 pm »
Look at any, any, Liberal organization in America and you will see that they are almost 100% Jewish. ACLU? Acorn? Organizing for America? All Jewish with a few Black people. They did this to themselves because they are crazy.

How many Jewish professors on campuses all across the country were aggressively supporting and defending antisemitism, because they thought it made them 'superior' or intelligent?

Ok, you put that stuff in society and you get what you get. What did they expect would happen. Do American Jews have no concept of history? What the hell is wrong with them?

They had a beautiful Christian moral country, which gave them everything, and all they want to do is to f*** it all up. Why? They are killing themselves for no good reason. It is impossible to understand.

It's the Culture, not the faith.

Liberal Jews are not observant Jews - they are liberals first. And in the end, that makes them not stupid, but closed-minded and self-destructive.

By way of contrast, here are a few Jews who "get it":

http://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/

http://www.frontpagemag.com/david-horowitz-archives/#archives

http://townhall.com/columnists/carolineglick/

http://pamelageller.com/

http://www.marklevinshow.com/

There are many of us, many more than you can imagine, who have already woken up. Some will wake up too late, and some not at all.

Nor is Progressivism a disease that afflicts only Jews. There are many, many Christians who have lost their way, adopting ideas and attitudes that conflict with the central tenets of their faith.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 02:20:10 pm »
It's the Culture, not the faith.

I know. I tried to become a Christian, but I could not do it. I like going to church once in a while and I enjoy the fellowship at Church. But I could never be a Christian. I simply can't. I tried, but it didn't work. I am what I am, and I cannot change it.

Kol tov le cha, ve gam le mispachtecha.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »
Trying to think of a way to put this without sounding like an ass (or more of one than usual!).

You enjoy the fellowship. It's the same God - pretty much. It's just not for you. That is fine by me. Your path ain't mine, and who the hell am I to judge - I know God's plans for you? I have gone to the synagogue and felt a great sense of peace and joy, yet Judaism is not for me.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 04:13:50 pm »
Trying to think of a way to put this without sounding like an ass (or more of one than usual!).

You enjoy the fellowship. It's the same God - pretty much. It's just not for you. That is fine by me. Your path ain't mine, and who the hell am I to judge - I know God's plans for you? I have gone to the synagogue and felt a great sense of peace and joy, yet Judaism is not for me.

You summed up what I was saying exactly, only in the reverse. But yes, your sentiments are spot on with me as well.

What did Hussein say? The sweetest sound he ever heard was the Muslim call to prayer. With me I would prefer the Shema over anything any Muslim has to say. But that is just me. That is just how I roll.

Good Luck in you life EC. I wish you nothing but the best of everything. Carry on my brother.