Author Topic: McCain: 'People Should be Going to Jail' in VA Scandal  (Read 373 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain: 'People Should be Going to Jail' in VA Scandal
« on: May 16, 2014, 01:13:00 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=571642

Newsmax
McCain: 'People Should be Going to Jail' in VA Scandal
Thursday, May 15, 2014 07:49 PM

By: Greg Richter

Sen. John McCain says it matters whether Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki resigns over the waiting list scandal, but, he adds, there is a bigger issue.

"If these allegations are true people should be going to jail, not just resigning their positions," the Arizona Republican said Thursday on Fox News Channel's "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

Shinseki is under fire because of multiple allegations across the country of VA hospitals creating off-the-books waiting lists for veterans to hide the fact that doctors weren't seeing patients for weeks or months past the 14-day guideline.

Shinseki testified before the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee earlier Thursday, saying he is "mad as hell" over 40 critically ill veterans who died awaiting treatment.

McCain was unimpressed.

"If he doesn't give a better answer, then I'm not sure how he wouldn't have to do anything but resign," he told Van Susteren. He added that he believes the matter eventually will be taken up by Attorney General Eric Holder.

Holder said on Wednesday his office has no plans to probe the VA, and is awaiting an inspector general's report.

"This is shameful under any circumstances," McCain said. "It is 10 times more shameful because it's being done to the men and women who have put their lives on the line for us."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: McCain: 'People Should be Going to Jail' in VA Scandal
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 01:58:41 pm »
Even when he's right, even when I agree with him, just hearing the name John McCain is like nails on a chalkboard to me.