Author Topic: Bill Maher pitches Clinton-Warren 2016  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Maher pitches Clinton-Warren 2016
« on: May 16, 2014, 02:19:21 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=D6CF1BD3-0CD5-47CB-B6F2-38DECFCFAA39

Bill Maher pitches Clinton-Warren 2016
By: Jonathan Topaz
May 15, 2014 03:20 PM EDT

Bill Maher said he would “love” to see Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) run as part of a 2016 presidential ticket with Hillary Clinton, calling the potential duo “a granny ticket.”

Speaking on Ora.tv’s PoliticKING with Larry King, the liberal comic called Warren one of the “most gutsy” people in politics.

When asked by King whom he thought would be able to lead the country to address climate change, Maher said: “I think someone like Elizabeth Warren, one of the most gutsy people I’ve seen in politics in a long time. She’s somebody, I think, who would really say what she feels. She may not ever win anything. I’d love to see her run with Hillary, how about that? A granny ticket.”

But earlier in the segment, Maher criticized former Secretary of State Clinton, a Democrat, and Republican ex-Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, both potential presidential candidates. “We’re talking about two centrist, corporatist type people, who are not really going to move this country off the track it’s on,” Maher said. “I can’t see either one of them doing anything bold, like demanding a carbon tax.”

He said that he didn’t think either candidate would take serious measures to fight climate change, an issue he said “requires great leadership” and is “the most important issue of our time.”

The comedian, who hosts the HBO show “Real Time With Bill Maher,” also said that the tea party should embrace marijuana legalization.

“Where’s the tea party on this?” Maher said of the marijuana issue. “They’re supposed to be the people who love freedom so much. What could be more cause for freedom than what happens in your own head? How you treat what goes on in your mind. The mood you put yourself in. So I think it’s an issue that the Republicans could steal, if they were smart.”

Maher, who often discusses his personal marijuana use on his show and elsewhere, quipped to King that his interest in legalization is “strictly theoretical.”

The full conversation between King and Maher airs Thursday at 10 p.m. on Ora.tv.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Bill Maher pitches Clinton-Warren 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:13:58 am »
Will Julian Castro run for Governor in 2016?

There' a question that right now interests me more than Clinton or Warren.

If he becomes Governor of California, I think he runs for POTUS after whatever happens with Hillary and Warren.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 03:14:28 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 10:33:19 am »
I think a Biden/Reid ticket would be better. :thud:

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 11:29:32 am »
   He would ...

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:09 pm »
I think a Biden/Reid ticket would be better. :thud:

I'd vote for that one.

Really hope I don't have to put a sarcasm tag on that.