Author Topic: VA Actions Kill Veterans--a Precursor for Obamacare?  (Read 155 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
VA Actions Kill Veterans--a Precursor for Obamacare?
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: VA Actions Kill Veterans--a Precursor for Obamacare?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
General Shinseki is a certified War Hero, and his resignation would accomplish nothing.  He is likely one of the best people I can think of to fix this now that it has been exposed.

This one falls directly on Obama.  His first Secretary of Defense Robert Gates had personal experience with the Walter Reed Army Hospital scandal back in 2007, and those problems were known as early as 2004.  Obama has repeatedly made speeches giving lip service to Veterans and promising to specifically fix the exact problem that has now resulted in at least 40 deaths of Veterans who were waiting for help. 

In fact, Obama gave a speech about this very subject about four years ago at the very VA hospital in Airizona where these 40 deaths happened, and he promised to cut the wait times for veterans.  Someone took him to heart and did exactly that, but by creating a secret waiting list.  Who heard the Obama "dog whistle" this time??

VA Hospitals have extensive staff and management of their own, and if several of them submitted altered statistics in order to make the President look good, there is going to be hell to pay.  I doubt very much that General Shinseki is involved in any kind of fraud, and a time may come when he should step down, but that time is not now.  Until there is undeniable proof that Shinseki himself contributed to this, the blame should remain on the President, and Congress would not be wrong to convene yet another Select Committee to find out WTF is going on at VA.

:smokin:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf