Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett: 'We Have a Commitment' from Boehner on Amnesty This Year  (Read 700 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/15/Valerie-Jarrett-We-Have-a-Commitment-from-Boehner-to-Try-to-Pass-Amnesty

by Tony Lee 15 May 2014, 2:15 PM PDT

President Barack Obama's top adviser and confidant told a group of global elites on Thursday in Las Vegas, Nevada that House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has made a commitment to the White House to try to pass amnesty legislation this year.

After hailing the Senate's amnesty bill that the Congressional Budget Office determined would lower the wages of American workers, Valerie Jarrett, Obama's senior advisor, told attendees at the yearly invitation-only SkyBridge Alternatives Conference that Boehner would help the White House make a push get immigration reform enacted in the next three months.

“I think we have a window this summer, between now and August, to get something done,” Jarrett said, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “We have a commitment from Speaker Boehner, who’s very frustrated with his caucus."

Addressing attendees at an event described as conference where "investors and elite political donors" along with "hedge fund managers, political and business leaders and celebrities" can "speak freely," Jarrett said that the Senate's bill would pass in the House if Republicans brought it to the floor.

Jarrett, echoing the sentiments of Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), who has said that Democrats would want a piecemeal approach to immigration reform if they get all of the pieces of the Senate bill, said that there were "a lot of ways to skin a cat" and that there would be "mounting pressure" on amnesty legislation in the coming months. She also reportedly claimed the high-tech industry needed more "educated workers" even though numerous studies have debunked the myth that there is a shortage of American high-tech workers.

The Senate's bill would double and possibly triple the number of H1-B visas that high-tech lobbying groups like Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg's FWD.us covet even though American colleges and universities graduate more workers in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields than there are job openings. In addition, illegal immigrants put on a path to citizenship and given work visas could qualify for any job, which would reduce the opportunities for Americans on the bottom rungs of the economic ladder.

Boehner, who hired Sen. John McCain's top amnesty adviser at the end of the last year, has previously told fundraisers in Las Vegas that he was "hellbent" on getting amnesty legislation done this year and then mocked conservative opponents of amnesty at an event in his Ohio district. Boehner also said that when he and Obama agreed the most on amnesty legislation when they met at the White House in February of this year. Obama also indicated this week that there were only "two to three months" to get amnesty legislation enacted this year.

House GOP leaders like Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), the GOP Conference Chair, have also floated an August deadline to get legislation on the House floor while business executives have said they thought amnesty legislation would be the"final act" of the lame-duck session. Even if Congress is pressured not to act on immigration legislation this year, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and GOP leaders said on Wednesday that Republicans in the Senate would "absolutely" try to pass amnesty legislation again in the next Congress if Republicans win back the Senate in November.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
What can be said that has not already been said about Boehner?  He is a sleazy backstabbing fraud.  Yet, he won his primary easily.  So, probably, will McConnell.  I am disgusted beyond words...words that can be used on a public forum, that is.  For this man to make a "commitment" to Valerie Jarrett, of all people, makes me physically ill.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What can be said that has not already been said about Boehner?  He is a sleazy backstabbing fraud.  Yet, he won his primary easily.  So, probably, will McConnell.  I am disgusted beyond words...words that can be used on a public forum, that is.  For this man to make a "commitment" to Valerie Jarrett, of all people, makes me physically ill.

I was just sick while posting this...even the Senate Repubs are saying they will pass some sort of immigration reform if they take back the Senate......and this is winning!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
We all know how he won his primary-- the same reason J.D. Winteregg is now out of work for daring to challenge him.

Corruption in American politics is rampant, and it runs on both sides of the aisle.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:17:42 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Boehner should "try" in one hand and "crap" in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Red herring, this one....there is no way that amnesty is going to pass this congress in this election year. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Before everyone goes bananas over these reports consider the possibility that this is disinformation designed to dampen republican fervor before the election in November.

:finger:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:27:06 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Before everyone goes bananas over these reports consider the possibility that this is disinformation designed to dampen republican fervor before the election in November.

You are probably right Bigun....at least I hope so,,,
Support the USO

Offline Carling

It's sad when conservative voters who I don't consider LIVs buy into this political ploy by Boehner.  I will bet anybody on this board $100 that there will be no amnesty bill passed before the 2014 election.  The GOP is trying to appeal to LIVs by saying they will pass it.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's sad when conservative voters who I don't consider LIVs buy into this political ploy by Boehner.  I will bet anybody on this board $100 that there will be no amnesty bill passed before the 2014 election.  The GOP is trying to appeal to LIVs by saying they will pass it.

Disinformation can work both ways can't it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

So you're saying that the GOP will say anything to win an election, even if it means lying?  Thanks for clearing that up - I feel so much better now.   **nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Exactly!  Why else would Valerie quote Boehner??

red herring....

:smokin:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Agreed.

I watch police shows on TV all the time, and sometimes, the best way for a cop to get a crook to give up information is to tell them that he will put out a story that he gave up info on another bad guy.

This is kind of the same thing.

The DNC is trying anything the can try to move the discussion away from Benghazi, the IRS and Obamacare
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This may indeed be misinformation and a red herring, but -- knowing Mr. Boehner, it almost sounds plausible.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm predicting Boehner will step down as Speaker before that happens.

They're just making him squirm....and at the same time painting Republicans as anti-immigrant.   Again. 

They're making their push on this for the mid-terms.  Make an issue out of it that can carry through 2016...when they're thinking they'll be American citizens.

Poor Boehner is a good man.  But he's got to take one for the team and step down.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald