Author Topic: Christian teen whose father and brother were murdered by Boko Haram denied U.S. visa  (Read 471 times)

rangerrebew

Christian teen whose father and brother were murdered by Boko Haram denied U.S. visa

Robert Spencer       May 15, 2014 at 12:11pm    Boko Haram, immigration      3 Comments   

Deborah PetersMeanwhile, the U.S. is importing whole communities of Muslims from Somalia and elsewhere, and dropping them down in American communities without any attempt to discern if any of the immigrants thus brought in have jihadist tendencies, and without equipping the host communities to deal with what they might encounter from the newcomers. To take any such precautions would be “racist” and “Islamophobic.”

“Christian Teen Whose Dad, Brother Slain by Boko Haram Was Denied U.S. Visa,” CNS News, May 14, 2014 (thanks to Jerk Chicken):

(CNSNews.com) – A 15-year-old girl who witnessed the murder of her father and teenage brother at the hands of Boko Haram terrorists says she decided to tell her story after the group kidnapped almost 300 schoolgirls last month in the same village in northern Nigeria where she grew up.

Deborah Peters, speaking Tuesday at the Hudson Institute in Washington, D.C., recalled how in 2011 members of Boko Haram came to her home in Chibok, where she lived with her brother and father, who was a pastor of a local church.

“Three men knocked on our door, and then my brother opened the door for them,” Peters said. “And they asked him, ‘Where is your dad?’ And he told them, ‘My dad is in the bathroom taking a shower.’

The men said her father was “wasting their time.”

“So when they take [sic] him out of the bathroom, they told him that he should deny his faith,” Peters said. “He told them that he can’t deny his faith, so they told him that they were going to kill him if he didn’t deny his faith.

“But he told them that he should rather die than to go to hellfire,” Peters said. “So my dad refused to deny his faith, and then they shoot [sic] him three times in the chest.”

The Islamic terrorists also shot her brother three times, then tied up Deborah and left her lying between the two corpses.

“I was in shock,” Peters said.

Emmanuel Ogebe, the human rights attorney who helped Peters come to the United States, said that visa requests filed on Peters’ behalf were denied “multiple times,” with the State Department citing no family ties in the U.S. as the reason.

But Nina Shea, director of the Center for Religious Freedom at the Hudson Institute, said the State Department only designated Boko Haram as a terrorist organization in November of last year and that the Obama administration claimed poverty, not religion, drove the group’s ideology.

“One of the problems is that the State Department has been reluctant to even talk about this in terms of religious persecution,” Shea said. “And, in fact, I’m thinking back to the Assistant Secretary for Africa and his speech in 2012, where he said that this was a problem of poor delivery of government services—that’s what was motivating Boko Haram—and that it was poverty.

“And then the response of the U.S. was all economic at that time,” Shea said, adding that the administration doesn’t recognize what’s happening in Nigeria “as the human rights crisis that it is. Maybe this incident and the Chibok girls will change that,” Shea said.

As the event concluded, Peters held up a sign and smiled broadly for the first time. It read “ #Bring Back My Sisters.”…

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/05/christian-teen-whose-father-and-brother-were-murdered-by-boko-haram-denied-u-s-visa
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:25:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Naturally......   [/s]   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

I didn't want to believe it but we are here aren't we? We are a country ruled by the same faction that took down the towers.  8888crybaby

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
flowers wrote:
[[ I didn't want to believe it but we are here aren't we? We are a country ruled by the same faction that took down the towers...]]

You said a mouthful.

Thirteen years later, the other side hasn't yet won -- but is well on its way to victory.

And on this very day, one of "the other side's" most useful idiots presided over the dedication of the World Trade Center memorial in New York City.

Fitting and ironic...