Author Topic: Operation American Spring to hit D.C. to oust Obama, Biden, Boehner, Holder  (Read 1421 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Bigun, I think I love you too!   ;^)

....of course not there's anything wrong with that!  LOL!

:grouphug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Thanks Bigun.  Of course you are right.  We WON'T give up the fight - I won't.  I'm in it until the end.  It's in my blood - my people never, never NEVER give up - we're fightin' and feudin' people! 

I guess it's the rain, kind of a gloomy day here.  The situation with my parents, they are getting worse - they're completely helpless and they only have me to be their advocate.  I worry about what will happen to them if things go bad.  I just feel like we're at the point where it's going to take a miracle to change the course.

The good news is that I do believe in miracles.

I'm sorry to hear about your parents, alice.

You will be in my prayers.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Alice I think I love you! ;>)

I grew up in the South  with a grandfather who was already well into his 50s when I was born telling me that I might loose a thousand fights in my life but I wasn't beat until I quit!

He was right ant that is so ingrained in me that anything else just doesn't compute!

As Christians we are told to do for ourselves everything that we can and pray!

That is the course I will follow until God takes me home!

As Christians, we know "the rest of the story!"  The battle belongs to the LORD!

And we are all soldiers in this fight.

(Even us Yankees aren't wimps.   ^-^ )

Onward!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As Christians, we know "the rest of the story!"  The battle belongs to the LORD!

And we are all soldiers in this fight.

(Even us Yankees aren't wimps.   ^-^ )

Onward!

:amen: :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm sorry to hear about your parents, alice.

You will be in my prayers.

Thank you musiclady - that means a lot!  Some days are pretty hard, especially when they don't know who I am.  My dad is getting very frustrated with his limitations and is taking it out on me - tells people that I am "incarcerating" him because I won't let him drive, I make him eat regular healthy meals and make him take his medicine (which he hates).  He says he is going to call the State Police and a judge about it and that they will "rescue" him!  It gets old. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Thank you musiclady - that means a lot!  Some days are pretty hard, especially when they don't know who I am.  My dad is getting very frustrated with his limitations and is taking it out on me - tells people that I am "incarcerating" him because I won't let him drive, I make him eat regular healthy meals and make him take his medicine (which he hates).  He says he is going to call the State Police and a judge about it and that they will "rescue" him!  It gets old.

My choir accompanist is going through the same thing with her Mom, and she has similar stories.

My Mom died young, and my Dad was a bit cranky in his 80's, but didn't have dementia, so I didn't have to deal with the anguish you are going through. 

I'll pray that God gives you the strength and patience you need to get through these challenging days.  HE is faithful!

Offline GourmetDan

Exactly. The media (and DNC) have controlled the narrative of what the tea party is.

The media (and DNC) control the narrative on what *everything* 'is'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

This is posted in re Bigun's pic up in reply #19 above.

I'd like to present an excerpt from a book by William D. Middleton entitled "The Time Of The Trolley" (of all things!). It has to do with the streetcar business in corrupt Chicago some years' back:
==========
[Charles] Yerkes' devious financial methods created so bewildering a network of construction companies, operating companies, and holding companies that his street railway empire was known as the "Chicago traction tangle". Rival companies were ruthlessly dealt with, and Yerkes callously bought whatever politicians he needed to safeguard his interests. In the rough-and-tumble business and political world of turn-of-the-century Chicago, he probably had no alternative.

Yerkes finally met defeat in the late 1800's when he set out to safeguard his long-term interests by attempting to secure legislation extending his street railway franchises for 50 years. A compliant state legislature soon produced the Allen Law, which gave city councils the authority to extend the franchises; but by the time Chicago's so-called "boodle aldermen" met to vote Yerkes what he wanted, a thoroughly aroused public would have none of it. A mob carrying guns and nooses surrounded City Hall, the aldermen got the point, and the measure failed to pass. The following fall the state legislators who had voted for the Allen Law were booted out of office to a man and the law was promptly repealed. Despite the alleged expenditure of a million dollars in bribes, Yerkes had been soundly beaten.
(The Time Of The Trolley, c.1967, p.225-227)
==========

We all know about the politics of Chicago, as it has been ever-since-way-back-when.
Not all that much different than much of the politics going on in DC right now.

Earlier in this thread, I read a post by sinkspur:
[[ Yes they are, pal.  You won't get a thousand people to this nonsense.
But I'm betting the bars will welcome all of you after you get your jollies, wasting your time. ]]

I'm wondering if that "mob" at Chicago City Hall was "wasting their time"?
Their presence certainly influenced the behavior of the poltiicians inside.

If ever there was a real-life example of Bigun's poster, this was it.
Another was the "Battle of Athens" (Tennessee) confrontation, back in 1946.

Just what will it take to make the government of The United States "reform itself"?
To fundamentally reverse the direction in which it's headed, and return to a form of government that actually reflects the concepts the Founders laid out originally?

Just how do you expect to make this happen?
Will elections do it? (Aside, how have they been working out recently?)
Or might it require more?

What if several hundred thousand angry citizens surrounded the U.S. Capitol, in the same manner that the citizens surrounded Chicago City Hall back then?

What then?
Would the people inside get the message?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:59:22 am by Fishrrman »

Offline katzenjammer

I hear you Fish.  I don't know anything about this group at all, so can't weigh in.  But your point is well taken, there is a high probability that in this day and age, what you describe may be what it takes.