Author Topic: Dallas Talk Show Host Loses It, Storms Off Set over Michael Sam's Kiss  (Read 372 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Evan McMurry
Mediaite
May 14, 2014

Amy Kushnir, a co-host of the Dallas morning show The Broadcast, stomped off-set Wednesday morning amidst discussion of Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend during the NFL draft last weekend.

“When parents do not have a choice about whether or not they want their children to see this, it is wrong,” Kushnir said. “He has every right to do what he wants, I just don’t want it in my face.”
Read the rest and watch the video

The article might be biased. I suggest that you watch the video and make up your own mind.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:01:50 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline Relic

Has she lost her job yet?
When is she scheduled for the re education camp, (sensitivity training)?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Statement from KTXD-TV over “The Broadcast” /Amy Kushnir Debate

Posted: May 14, 2014 1:41 PM PST
Updated: May 14, 2014 3:20 PM PST

KTXD-TV started the “The Broadcast” in February 2013 as an opinion-based show.  We selected five hosts who represent a subset of the vast, diverse community that we serve, and we encourage them on a daily basis to share their personal opinions on a variety of topics.

On Tuesday, May 13, that topic happened to be Michael Sam’s draft day kiss and the controversy it was generating.  The debate between our four hosts that day got unusually heated and ended with one host – Amy Kushnir – leaving the set.  Ms. Kushnir’s action was a signal of frustration on her part, as she felt she was unable to express her own views correctly.

While KTXD-TV neither supports nor condemns opinions shared by our hosts, we stand behind both “The Broadcast” and Ms. Kushnir.  We wholeheartedly stand behind their right to voice their opinions as an integral part of our program.  We have clearly ruffled feathers, and in doing so we hope we have advanced the dialogue on this important issue.

----Brian Joyce, Station Manager KTXD-TV

Offline flowers

Has she lost her job yet?
When is she scheduled for the re education camp, (sensitivity training)?
you forgot a couple....her first IRS meeting , her notice that any kind of medical aid has been canceled to her or any of her family members.  I am not joking.