Author Topic: Susan Rice: Republican opposition is America's 'one weakness' By Joel Gehrke  (Read 462 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/susan-rice-republican-opposition-is-americas-one-weakness/article/2548444

Susan Rice: Republican opposition is America's 'one weakness'
By Joel Gehrke | MAY 14, 2014 AT 7:00 PM

National Security Advisor Susan Rice disputed Republican critiques of President Obama's foreign policy by arguing that "political polarization" accounts for the "one weakness" of American strength in international affairs.

"The one weakness that our friends and partners point to and the one thing that undermines our strength around the world is our political polarization," Rice said during an event hosted by the Women's Foreign Policy Group.

Rice didn't mention Republicans specifically, but cited policy fights that they have provoked, such as over budget issues.

"When countries look at us, they wonder and they worry if we will have our collective internal act together -- whether it's over our budget, whether it's over how we engage in the world," she said. "That is what undermines us, if anything, in terms of our international standing."

When PBS's Judy Woodruff suggested that polarization reflected "the strength" of American democracy, Rice disagreed.

"We've had the democracy for 230+ years, it hasn't always been as dysfunctional as it can be now," Rice countered.

Earlier in the conversation, Rice laughed off the suggestion made by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who said that the United States should send special operations forces to rescue the Nigerian girls kidnapped by Boko Haram even if that nation's government disapproves.

"To the extent that they make requests of us or others to provide support, we're open to entertaining those," she said after a pause.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

This throne-sniffer will forever be known as the dupe who went on five Sunday shows and lied through her teeth.

She's nothing but a political hack.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xfreeper

Wait? ....What?..... I thought diversity was our strength.......

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Susan Rice has shown herself to be nothing more than an Obama groupie! She doesn't have the first clue about how to conduct foreign policy and neither does her boss!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

/snicker

that's about all the response this little tart deserves

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

.....and she gives redheads a bad name.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Ah yes, Susan.  If we all bow down to the punk king, America will once again be strong.....     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.