Author Topic: Actor Sean Astin Picks a Fight with ‘Intellectually Abusive Atheist’ Bill Maher  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

Actor Sean Astin Picks a Fight with ‘Intellectually Abusive Atheist’ Bill Maher

“Bill, I think you do a disservice to intellectuals with your excessive need to promote atheism.”

|
 Bradford Thomas |

Actor Sean Astin called comedian Bill Maher a “cripplingly intellectually abusive atheist” who does “a disservice to intellectuals” due to his “excessive need to promote atheism.”

The Goonies and Lord of the Rings star made the remarks to The Blaze last week while discussing Christianity, his lengthy acting career, and his role in the new conservative values film, Moms' Night Out.

Astin said “I would love to talk to Bill Maher about his atheism … because I think he does a disservice,” then turned directly to the camera and called out Maher:

“Bill, I think you do a disservice to intellectuals with your excessive need to promote atheism.

After joking about whether his comments would land him an interview on “Real Time,” Astin made sure to clarify that he defended Maher’s rights to voice his anti-religious opinions:

“People are certainly free to promote what they think and feel and I certainly think a lot of what Bill Maher says makes a lot of sense. But to kind of dismiss a feeling that millions of people are having is not very generous of spirit.

The director of Moms' Night Out, Jon Erwin, said last week that it was time for conservatives to "step up and play offense" in the entertainment arena.

As TruthRevolt reported, Moms’ was largely panned by liberal critics as “retrograde” due to its conservative message about gender roles in marriage.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/actor-sean-astin-picks-fight-intellectually-abusive-atheist-bill-maher
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 06:21:49 pm by rangerrebew »