Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH WINS 'AUTHOR OF THE YEAR' FROM CHILDREN'S BOOK COUNCIL.....  (Read 8685 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Breaking on Drudge. Story developing....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congrats Rush!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Alright!  This will drive the left crazy!

(Especially the NEA.  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Who wants to bet the Rush Revere series WON'T be included in Common Core?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This explains MO's new hashtag.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

Well, there goes the rest of the week.

Oh, I forgot.  Rush NEVER talks about himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Rush has inspired millions of conservatives across two generations. What have you done, other than to complain?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Alright!  This will drive the left crazy!

(Especially the NEA.  ^-^)

OH yeah!!!

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

sour grapes??

Offline sinkspur

Rush has inspired millions of conservatives across two generations. What have you done, other than to complain?

Attacking me is a non-sequitur.

The fact is, Rush says he never talks about himself, and does just that likely a third of the week.  He's a money-making machine, and has become even more so the more money he makes.

I don't listen to Rush to hear him patting himself on the back for writing kid's books.  Or to hear some kid call in and, magically, get through and have the kid pat Rush on the back.

I guess he inspires you, but his show has gone downhill since he started hawking tea and kid's books.

Offline sinkspur

sour grapes??

Ten years ago, I tuned into Rush to hear political commentary. 

Now, when I tune in, there's Two-if-by-Tea and Rush Revere with a little political commentary squeezed in here and there.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Attacking me is a non-sequitur.

The fact is, Rush says he never talks about himself, and does just that likely a third of the week.  He's a money-making machine, and has become even more so the more money he makes.

I don't listen to Rush to hear him patting himself on the back for writing kid's books.  Or to hear some kid call in and, magically, get through and have the kid pat Rush on the back.

I guess he inspires you, but his show has gone downhill since he started hawking tea and kid's books.

Sink based strictly on what you say here it would be VERY easy for someone who didn't know better  to conclude that there isn't much you like about anyone or anything conservative.

Just sayin!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I think these children's books are the best thing Rush has done in a long time.  I heard a woman caller today telling him how much her daughter and her daughter's friends love the books and I could tell that Rush really got a kick out of it!  To be able to inspire young children in this way is so important, really important for the future. I'm happy for him.   
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think these children's books are the best thing Rush has done in a long time.  I heard a woman caller today telling him how much her daughter and her daughter's friends love the books and I could tell that Rush really got a kick out of it!  To be able to inspire young children in this way is so important, really important for the future. I'm happy for him.   

I am going to buy the audio versions to take on vaca with my grandsons...so they can listen while we drive...
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I am going to buy the audio versions to take on vaca with my grandsons...so they can listen while we drive...

That's a great idea!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Sink based strictly on what you say here it would be VERY easy for someone who didn't know better  to conclude that there isn't much you like about anyone or anything conservative.

Just sayin!

If it's conservative to transform from a political commentator  (a commentator who pulls down $40 Million a year) to a product hawker/cochlear implant recipient/political commentator (in that order), then I don't recognize conservatism. 

Rush is not the political force he once was.  He's lost a third of his audience, and it's likely due to his show becoming one long infomercial.

rangerrebew

This should absolutely make the head of Chris Matthews explode.  I can hear the anger and venom now (though I have to hear it from someone else or read about since I would never watch the wimp).

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Congratulations, Rush!  A truly great American....no disrespect to Sean.  LOL

He found another niche and is filling it....although, truthfully, it was his wife who hatched the children's book idea and the talking horse Liberty.  Rush admitted this when the 1st book came out.  It's a terrific vehicle for him to reach the young.

No doubt, we're going to see video productions of the work(s)....ala Harry Potter.

That said, his show is almost impossible to listen to, of late.  The last hour is complete bullsh*t....out of sixty minutes, less than 30 minutes of actual content.

Still love him....but being in the car for virtually his entire show...it's gotten to the point that simply by glancing at the clock, I know exactly when to switch to my local sports talk program.

Would rather listen about RGIII or the NATS, than commercials that are teased and narrated by Rush, himself.  His last hour is unbearable.

JMHO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Couldn't agree more.   But am still very glad he's "out there" bringing his message to the youth who are exposed to nothing except negative commentary when it comes to Republicans and Conservatism.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I am a Rush Limbaugh "Charter Listener" in that I am one of maybe 25K people who listened to Rush Limbaugh from the first day he came on the air in Sacramento.  I do find it hard to listen to his show of late, but I still might if I happen to be in my car at that time.  But more and more, I turn to my MP3 audio books for entertainment.  I think a big part of the radio audience does as well, and that has harmed all of broadcast radio, not just Rush.  Advertisers just don't support media in decline.  And, of course, everytime Rush says something controversial there is an outcry and advertisers peel away.

To solve this problem, Rush had to develop alternative sources of revenue, so he and his wife came up with the Two if by Tea and Childrens' Books.  It was a brilliant strategy from a marketing standpoint, but it no doubt antagonized certain segments of his core audience.  Nonetheless, Rush has found an income source that he controls, is sustainable, and frees him up to say what he wants without being at the mercy of MSM patrons who want everything liberal, or at least whitewashed.  I don't blame him in the least.

I can read what he has to say on his website, and it takes less than an hour instead of the three hours of listening.  So that's usually what I do.

As for Sink, he has never liked Limbaugh.  He has been bashing Rush for as long as I can remember, and we go back a long ways.  Rush, like all of us, is getting up in years and slowing down a bit.  He is a steadfast survivor, and I, for one, am very grateful for all that he has contributed to our cause.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:49:27 pm by massadvj »

Offline aligncare

Ditto. Can't stand to listen long anymore.

But, we on the right owe him our gratitude for forcing a conservative versus liberal dialogue. Alright, sometimes it was done by elbowing his in-your-face conservative message in to national media attention, but in those days that's what it took.

And now his book thing cuts right to the heart of the matter - educating the next generations of Americans. Ditto that, Rush!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ten years ago, I tuned into Rush to hear political commentary. 

Now, when I tune in, there's Two-if-by-Tea and Rush Revere with a little political commentary squeezed in here and there.
It's called enterprise. In any mass medium, you have two choices to make money: sell yourself out to advertisers or sell your own stuff. Sandra Fluke and company damaged Rush's ability to do the former, so he does the latter. At least now, he has products people actually WANT to buy, and not that alternative herbal-cure crap that so many infomercial spokesmen like to hawk.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

The best call I've heard was from a Mom whose daughter's teacher read the (first) book aloud in class and had the kids do their own writing project based on Rush Revere.

ALL teachers are not leftists (especially at the elementary level), and these books might give some a resource for teaching the TRUTH about America.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.