Author Topic: This West Virginia 17-year old just beat an incumbent state delegate  (Read 460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline speekinout

This is pathetic. She isn't at all ready for that job. What was wrong with the incumbent that he was thrown out?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
This is pathetic. She isn't at all ready for that job. What was wrong with the incumbent that he was thrown out?
I thought the exact same thing. When I was 17 I didn't see the world the same way I do now. I was just as conservative, mind you, but much more simple-minded on a lot of issues. There is so much change that goes on in a person's mind in their post-high school years. This woman could transform into a flaming liberal (and I have, sadly, seen it happen).

That campaign flyer reads like a girl who doesn't quite have it all going on upstairs. She looks like she will be easily used.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
This is why we have primaries.  Incumbents need to be held accountable, and if they don't face challenges, then we end up with the lethargy.  I say good for her.  She apparently worked her butt off while her opponent took the race for granted.  He deserved to lose.

Having been a political operative for assembly candidates I can tell you they often get tired of campaigning after a couple of terms, and expect things to get handed to them. 

I have no doubt this young lady will be a dependable conservative vote, and given how much seasoning she will have at a young age, she may well blossom into a national figure.  Let's hope so.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:26:01 AM by massadvj »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline R4 TrumPence

This is why we have primaries.  Incumbents need to be held accountable, and if they don't face challenges, then we end up with the lethargy.  I say good for her.  She apparently worked her butt off while her opponent took the race for granted.  He deserved to lose.

Having been a political operative for assembly candidates I can tell you they often get tired of campaigning after a couple of terms, and expect things to get handed to them. 

I have no doubt this young lady will be a dependable conservative vote, and given how much seasoning she will have at a young age, she may well blossom into a national figure.  Let's hope so.

:thumbsup:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline speekinout

I thought the exact same thing. When I was 17 I didn't see the world the same way I do now. I was just as conservative, mind you, but much more simple-minded on a lot of issues. There is so much change that goes on in a person's mind in their post-high school years. This woman could transform into a flaming liberal (and I have, sadly, seen it happen).

That campaign flyer reads like a girl who doesn't quite have it all going on upstairs. She looks like she will be easily used.

Yes, I think she will be easily used, and I don't think she's mature enough to have good judgement about who to follow. If she's very lucky, she will find a mentor who will help her gain knowledge, but if she's not, she will be taken advantage of by someone who just wants her vote. Things aren't as simple as they sound in campaign speeches, and politicians aren't known for telling exactly what they're trying to accomplish.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Offline speekinout

Repub, do you think she is just going to vote her father's position? That might be why some people voted for her - if they like her father's political record and think they're doubling it.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Repub, do you think she is just going to vote her father's position? That might be why some people voted for her - if they like her father's political record and think they're doubling it.

I don't know, only saying that she does know more than your average young person, it would seem.

I have been waiting to hear what Mountaineer has to say about it all.

Offline Fishrrman

Offline speekinout

Re: This West Virginia 17-year old just beat an incumbent state delegate
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
Re: This West Virginia 17-year old just beat an incumbent state delegate
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 11:17:50 AM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:20:27 AM by jmyrlefuller »

Share me