Author Topic: John Boehner: My Friend Jeb Bush Would Make a 'Great President'  (Read 7616 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: John Boehner: My Friend Jeb Bush Would Make a 'Great President'
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2014, 04:47:14 pm »
NOPE! That's just how you take it!

No Bigun, that is what you do, and that is how others see it as well.

Yet another CLASSIC strawman from you Luis!

THAT is a personal attack on me, and no response to the post. It adds nothing to the debate.

It is below you, as a Mod in this forum, to behave in that manner.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2014, 04:48:17 pm »
How does that translate into making "us" pay for anything?

That is a classic situation to be settled by the States and the Courts.

Private business owners are already forced to do tons of things that they would rather not do, and those things are not necessarily unconstitutional just because they don't want to do them.

Being forced to do something that is against your religious beliefs is a "cost" to that individual.  The price you pay is not always monetary.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 04:49:27 pm »
No Bigun, that is what you do, and that is how others see it as well.

THAT is a personal attack on me, and no response to the post. It adds nothing to the debate.

What else would you have me call the constructs you build on a false premise Luis?

Be honest and say it is the fact that I can identify them for what they are that annoys you!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:50:55 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »
What else would you have me call the constructs you build on a false premise Luis?

Be honest and say it is the fact that I can identify them for what they are that annoys you!

Again, you attack me but fail to give one reason WHY you claim my premises false, other than the fact that you think them false.

Saying that I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong Bigun... even if it's you saying it.

I'm done with you and your posts.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »
Being forced to do something that is against your religious beliefs is a "cost" to that individual.  The price you pay is not always monetary.

As is being denied the ability to do something that is an integral part of your religious beliefs constitutes a cost to the individual.

Mormons denied the ability to engage in plural marriages comes to mind.

Issues like that are worked out in the laboratory of the States and in the Courts, and once that is decided, the matter is settled.

That will be the case with the Hobby Lobby case, and the Sweet Cakes by Melissa case.

It's how the Constitution designed the settlement of differences among the people.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »
Again, you attack me but fail to give one reason WHY you claim my premises false, other than the fact that you think them false.

Saying that I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong Bigun... even if it's you saying it.

I'm done with you and your posts.

In his construct Luis said
Imagine that the sort of conservative that you just addressed in your post makes up one of the divisions in that home army.

Bigun responds with :
No company - no SQUAD in fact - is composed of any one anything Luis!

and Luis asserts that I am attacking him instead of what he posts!

GOOD GRIEF!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2014, 05:02:08 pm »

While they are under their member nicks the MODS here are allowed to post on this forum as any other member would....they are also instructed not to MOD a thread they are posting in.....

btw...ranger and I have posted a lot of great articles here today that need comments on too...just saying..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34