Author Topic: French Foreign Minister: '500 Days to Avoid Climate Chaos'  (Read 1307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/french-foreign-minister-500-days-avoid-climate-chaos_792736.html

French Foreign Minister: '500 Days to Avoid Climate Chaos'
Jeryl Bier
May 14, 2014 7:29 AM

Secretary of State John Kerry welcomed French foreign minister Laurent Fabius to the State Department in Washington on  Tuesday to discuss a range of issues, from Iran to Syria to climate change. Or, in the words of the foreign minister, "climate chaos." Kerry and Fabius made a joint appearance before their meeting, and the foreign minister warned that only 500 days remained to avoid "climate chaos"[emphasis added]:

Well, I’m very happy to be with John. There is no week without a phone call or a visit between John and myself, and we have on the agenda many items, many issues – Iran, because negotiations are resuming today; the question of Syria, and we shall meet next Thursday in London together; Ukraine as well; and very important issues, issue of climate change, climate chaos. And we have – as I said, we have 500 days to avoid climate chaos. And I know that President Obama and John Kerry himself are committed on this subject and I’m sure that with them, with a lot of other friends, we shall be able to reach success on this very important matter.

it is unclear what the foreign minister had in mind with the 500 days.  However, France is scheduled to host the "21st Conference of the Parties on Climate Change" in December 2015, about 565 days from now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: French Foreign Minister: '500 Days to Avoid Climate Chaos'
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:21:02 pm »
Isn't 500 days roughly Presidential Election day in the USA?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:25:54 pm »
Just more hyperventilation from a member of the Church of man caused climate change!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 05:29:46 pm »
FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years

December 13, 2013

FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY—
Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. He told them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/five-years-ago-today-al-gore-predicted-the-north-pole-will-be-ice-free-in-5-years/
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:55 pm »
FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years

December 13, 2013

FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY—
Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. He told them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/five-years-ago-today-al-gore-predicted-the-north-pole-will-be-ice-free-in-5-years/

Sad isn't it?

According to http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/ Arctic sea ice extent for April 2014 averaged 14.14 million square kilometers (5.46 million square miles).

Meanwhile http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/09/23/antarctic-sea-ice-hit-35-year-record-high-saturday/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:43:11 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 05:38:34 pm »
The public is stupid beyond words. Most of them can't remember what they had for breakfast, let alone, what a public figure said 5 years ago. The media is beyond complicit, and so, these vile scumbags, such as Al Gore can make any sensational claim without fear of being mocked, or held accountable in any way.

When or if the shooting starts, media members should be high priority.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »
Sad isn't it?

But typical of the left.  They've been making these drastic predictions for many years. 

Eight Botched Environmental Forecasts

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/30/botched-environmental-forecasts/

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 05:48:52 pm »
But typical of the left.  They've been making these drastic predictions for many years. 

Eight Botched Environmental Forecasts

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/12/30/botched-environmental-forecasts/

Yeah! I know!

Great link! Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 05:55:04 pm »
Yeah! I know!

Great link! Thanks!

You're welcome.  The article actually missed a few.  But in all fairness to the environmentalists, they have from time to time pointed out and taken the lead on some air and water issues that were real.  It might be the blind squirrel occasionally finding the acorn.

Scientists are obviously not above using their discipline to foster another agenda.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 06:00:03 pm »
Scientists are obviously not above using their discipline to foster another agenda.

Or to ensure that they get to continue playing with their toys!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:00 pm »
The French, they are a very strange race.
They fight with their feet, and **** with their face...

:beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »
You might want to pass on to Al G., lol

He doesn't want to know! I hear he is suffering from the a world class case of depression!

- J. R. R. Tolkien