Author Topic: MSNBC’s Todd: You Want to Question Hillary’s Age, You’ll Have to ‘Throw Reagan Under the Bus’  (Read 392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-todd-you-want-to-question-hillarys-age-youll-have-to-throw-reagan-under-the-bus/

MSNBC’s Todd: You Want to Question Hillary’s Age, You’ll Have to ‘Throw Reagan Under the Bus’
by Evan McMurry | 7:52 am, May 14th, 2014

Following Karl Rove’s little oopsy yesterday when he questioned Hillary Clinton’s cognitive recovery after a 2012 fall, MSNBC political analyst Chuck Todd warned the GOP strategist that if he wanted to make Clinton’s age and health a big deal in 2016, he might have to do so at the expense of former President Ronald Reagan.

“The fact is she’s the same age as Reagan was,” Todd said on Morning Joe. “If you’re going to go down this road and try to claim she’s going to have some health issues, then you may have to be throwing your own guy, Ronald Reagan under the bus a little bit. So I think this is a dangerous, tricky road to go down.”

-damage-will-work/" target="_blank">RELATED: Here’s Exactly How Karl Rove’s Theory of Clinton’s ‘Brain Damage’ Will Work

“Any presidential candidate has to release their health records,” Todd continued. “I don’t care if they’re forty-five or seventy. Because at the end of the day, the American public wants to know, they want to make their judgment about who your running mate is, things like that. So that is fair game. But to sit there and say it only really applies to her, it’s going to look a little sexist if you’re not careful, and it’s going to backfire.”

Over on Fox & Friends, electoral expert Larry Sabato reminded Brian Kilmeade that Clinton and Reagan are the same age, so this seems to be a theme.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

If I recall correctly, there were some issues with Reagan's mental acuity in his second term?

Ok, let's go down that road.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
“The fact is she’s the same age as Reagan was,” Todd said on Morning Joe. “If you’re going to go down this road and try to claim she’s going to have some health issues, then you may have to be throwing your own guy, Ronald Reagan under the bus a little bit. So I think this is a dangerous, tricky road to go down.”
Age alone is not the issue.

Many of the people who criticize Clinton also supported Ron Paul, who was in his late 70s when he did his presidential runs, far older than Hillary or Reagan. The fact is, Hillary is not only looking old, she is looking unhealthy. The average age of death in the United States is about 75 years old, and "good health" typically starts to decline about ten years before that. For white women such as Hillary, it might be closer to 80, but of course that is the average, and it varies depending on any number of factors. For every 85-year-old in good health, there is a 65-year-old who is near death.

We all get old, some more gracefully than others. The question here is if Hillary, even if she is old, is still in good enough health to handle a job as stressful as President of the United States. I don't think she is, but that's just me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PzLdr

Compare their accomplishments, year for year, or over their lifetimes. Hell me how the Rod-HAM looks then.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee