Author Topic: Crack! McConnell's Metal Strap of Control Breaks  (Read 570 times)

Offline aligncare

Crack! McConnell's Metal Strap of Control Breaks
« on: May 14, 2014, 02:03:11 pm »
CRACK! McConnell’s Metal Strap of Control Breaks

by JEN KUZNICKI on MAY 14, 2014 · COMMENTS (0)

Ben Sasse just won the Republican primary for the Senate seat currently held by retiring Senator Mike Johanns, marking the trail of shifting public opinion, as well as marking the backslide of establishment effectiveness.

Throughout the past three years, the Republican leadership has done what it could to remove tea party and conservative influence from any portion of the party, as well as within the Capitol buildings in the States and National government.  Boehner has purged conservatives from committees, McConnell has overtly and covertly worked against conservative efforts to dismantle Obamacare, Priebus has disrespected conservative darling Sarah Palin, and made jokes about constitutional lawyer and activist leader Mark Levin, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, led by Jerry Moran and ex-Cantor staffers have smeared every conservative the Senate Conservatives Fund has backed, the RNC has made rules that work to keep anyone not anointed by leadership off ballots, and on and on.  And all of that effort has been quite public, with each participant in the hoped-for demise of the tea party and talk radio influence, using cocky slams to try to appear more in control; Boehner’s, “It’s too hard,” and McConnell’s, “crush the tea party,” are examples, just to name a couple.

More at:

jenkuznicki.com

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Crack! McConnell's Metal Strap of Control Breaks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »
McConnell's cocky, arrogant smart-mouth is symptomatic of a problematic personality.  I do believe he is, like Harry Reid, beginning to show signs of dementia.  My father has it and I recognize the signs.  I believe it is dangerous to have such a person in leadership.  Ben Sasse is a very smart guy, I'm glad he won last night. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:07 pm »
And there WILL be more!

Count on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »
And there WILL be more!

Count on that!

As long as they can win in November - good.

Right now the sole goal is to keep the House and take the Senate.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:21:46 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
As long as they can win in November - good.

A key component in that is that now, after the primary - the GOP has got to back and all out support these candidates against the Democrats this fall.  This has not automatically been the case in the past.  When you have the party denigrating a Republican candidate - you have hurt that candidate.  Now is the time for the McConnells, Roves and Boehners to stand behind these people.  That is key.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:25:59 pm »
A key component in that is that now, after the primary - the GOP has got to back and all out support these candidates against the Democrats this fall.  This has not automatically been the case in the past.  When you have the party denigrating a Republican candidate - you have hurt that candidate.  Now is the time for the McConnells, Roves and Boehners to stand behind these people.  That is key.

They expect US to do that but with them it's not necessarily!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »
This article is much more hysterical than historical.

The FACT is, Sasse is the first major Tea party candidate to win a primary, and he was also backed by the so-called "Establishment."  The Senate Conservatives Fund has given up on McDaniel in Tennessee, Bevin in Kentucky, any of Lindsey Graham's opponents, nor are they evident in the Georgia primary.

Make no mistake, this Sasse win sounds like a metal strap snapping under tension, letting loose the minds and thoughts and free will of the electorate. 

This chick is fantasizing.  The minds and thoughts of the Republican electorate are about WINNING, not about ideology, and the winners are winning.  Sarah Palin's backed more primary losers than McConnell has.  What does that say about the Tea Party?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »
This article is much more hysterical than historical.

The FACT is, Sasse is the first major Tea party candidate to win a primary, and he was also backed by the so-called "Establishment."  The Senate Conservatives Fund has given up on McDaniel in Tennessee, Bevin in Kentucky, any of Lindsey Graham's opponents, nor are they evident in the Georgia primary.

This chick is fantasizing.  The minds and thoughts of the Republican electorate are about WINNING, not about ideology, and the winners are winning.  Sarah Palin's backed more primary losers than McConnell has.  What does that say about the Tea Party?

We'll see!

Let's wait until the game is over to add up the score!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 03:08:06 pm »
We'll see!

Let's wait until the game is over to add up the score!

The game IS over.  Cornyn won, Tillis won, Graham will win, McConnell will win, Cochran will win, Alexander will win.  It looks like Perdue and Kingston will face off in Georgia.

The Tea Party hasn't backed ANY of them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 03:11:24 pm »
NO! It is not over!

Not by a damned site!

- J. R. R. Tolkien