Author Topic: Alec Baldwin arrested and handcuffed in New York after riding his bike the wrong way down Fifth Avenue and 'going ballistic' at police  (Read 619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2627249/Alec-Baldwin-arrested-handcuffed-police-New-York-riding-bike-wrong-way-Fifth-Avenue.html

Alec Baldwin arrested and handcuffed in New York after riding his bike the wrong way down Fifth Avenue and 'going ballistic' at police

By Colette Fahy and James Nye In Manhattan

Published: 10:19 EST, 13 May 2014 | Updated: 11:36 EST, 13 May 2014

Alec Baldwin was arrested in New York on Tuesday.

The volatile actor was handcuffed by police officers and taken away in a squad car, with one witness telling In Touch he 'went ballistic on the cops, screaming at them' during the incident which led to his arrest.

The New York Police Department confirmed to MailOnline that Baldwin was stopped at 10.15am Tuesday riding his bike the wrong way on Fifth Avenue, at the corner of 16th Street.

He was asked to provide ID which he didn’t have on him. Officers said that he then started to argue with them and was taken into custody.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
...because he had no identification.   LOL

A LIV police officer, no doubt.   I wonder if he called him/her a "fag"?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:57:27 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

Online Lando Lincoln

Normally, I'd get a kick out of Baldwin's little headache here but I fear the police are over reaching too much, too often.  "Carnival of stupidity" as Baldwin sees it.  It might be.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
5th Avenue is a one-way street and it's terrifically crowded.

They enforce it against courier's who ride their bikes on the job.  Can you imagine if somebody charged them with 'selectively' enforcing that particular law?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
They had to double-cuff that bloated puke!  Too bad he didn't resist just enough to get his blubbery ass tazered.

What a slob.  What a disgrace.

rangerrebew

He's a racist, sexist pig for arguing for his rights with those beautiful young officers. :tongue2:

Oceander

Normally, I'd get a kick out of Baldwin's little headache here but I fear the police are over reaching too much, too often.  "Carnival of stupidity" as Baldwin sees it.  It might be.

5th Avenue is a one-way street and it's terrifically crowded.

They enforce it against courier's who ride their bikes on the job.  Can you imagine if somebody charged them with 'selectively' enforcing that particular law?

Baldwin has nobody to blame but himself and I'm glad that they're enforcing the law on bikes at least somewhat.  Bicycles are one of the bigger dangers to pedestrians in NYC and the wrong-way riders are the worst.  When I lived in NYC I got hit twice by a bicycle.

Online Lando Lincoln

Thanks for the clarity guys.  My attitude is a bit jaded towards the police because of experiences I had recently in South Dakota.  But that doesn't change my mind about Mr. Baldwin - he is a world class jerk.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Baldwin has nobody to blame but himself and I'm glad that they're enforcing the law on bikes at least somewhat.  Bicycles are one of the bigger dangers to pedestrians in NYC and the wrong-way riders are the worst.  When I lived in NYC I got hit twice by a bicycle.

The older parts of London have a hell of a lot of narrow, one way streets and cyclists going the wrong way are the bane of existence. So bad that we have our own version of the knockout game. When the cyclist gets close enough, you stick your arm out and clothesline them. It hurts a bit, but is rather satisfying, and if you get asked by the police all you say is "Officer, I was hailing a taxi. This bleep ran into my arm."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink