Author Topic: Jay Carney’s Snarky Response to Karl Rove  (Read 381 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Jay Carney’s Snarky Response to Karl Rove
« on: May 13, 2014, 08:15:16 pm »
Jay Carney’s Snarky Response to Karl Rove

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/13/jay-carneys-snarky-response-to-karl-rove/

The White House took a shot at Karl Rove on Tuesday for his implication that Hillary Clinton suffered a “traumatic brain injury” after a fall in 2012.

AP

A reporter asked White House press secretary Jay Carney whether there was ever a health concern about Clinton, then the secretary of state, about “a traumatic brain injury or anything that was communicated to the White House but was not communicated publicly?”

Carney was as dismissive of the question as he was of Rove’s comment.

“You are asking this question based on the assertion of a political consultant, which is a kind way of putting it, and his medical evaluation,” Carney said. “Here’s what I would say about cognitive capacity, which is that Dr. Rove was the last person in America on election night to recognize and acknowledge that the president won re-election. So we’ll leave it at that.”

Carney was referring to election night 2012 when Rove on live TV objected to calling Ohio for President Barack Obama, which sealed the president’s victory over Republican Mitt Romney.

The New York Post reported that Rove made the comment about Clinton at an event in Los Angeles last week.

“Thirty days in the hospital? And when she reappears, she’s wearing glasses that are only for people who have traumatic brain injury? We need to know what’s up with that,” Rove said according to the Post’s Page Six. Rove was speaking at a forum with former Obama White House press secretary Robert Gibbs and CBS correspondent Dan Raviv.

Rove earlier Tuesday asserted that he never said Clinton had “brain damage.”

“I didn’t say she had brain damage, she had a serious health episode,” Rove said on Fox News. “My point was, is that Hillary Clinton wants to run for president, but she would not be human if this didn’t enter in as a consideration.”

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Jay Carney’s Snarky Response to Karl Rove
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »
Snark. It's all Carney knows.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024