Author Topic: Texas Demolishes As Best State To Do Business  (Read 356 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Texas Demolishes As Best State To Do Business
« on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »
Texas Demolishes As Best State To Do Business

By Breanna Deutsch

For the tenth year in a row, Texas has taken home the blue ribbon for being the best state in the country for business.

“Texas is the best state for business and I don’t see anything slow it down,” one CEO who was questioned for Chief Executive Magazine’s annual survey wrote.  ”The education and quality of eligible employees is excellent right now.  Business is booming and growing quicker and more rapidly in 2014 than any other year.  It’s an exciting time in Texas.”

Texas maintained its title as the most business friendly state by performing well in the various categories the magazine researched. These included the tax and regulatory regime, the quality of the workforce, public education system, access to affordable housing, and the overall quality of the living environment.

Florida, which came in second this year, climbed up the rankings because it followed Texas’ example.

“We’ve learned from Texas how to tell our story better and it helps that we’ve cut taxes 25 times—about $400 million,” Florida Governor Rick Scott told Chief Executive.

Scott noted that Florida’s growing base of recognizable corporations, is attracting more workers and investors to the state. “When companies like Hertz, Amazon, Deutsche Bank and Verizon add jobs here, it causes more people to look at us. Business is comfortable that we’ll keep the tax base low and improve our workforce,” he said.

With Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Arizona, Nevada, and Louisiana filling spots 3 through 9, the top states all experienced their economic success under Republican leadership.

Republican governed Ohio and Wisconsin also earned an honorable mention for reforming their state’s regulatory and tax code.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/09/texas-demolishes-as-best-state-to-do-business/#ixzz31cXQ9lMR
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas Demolishes As Best State To Do Business
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:14:06 pm »
Which argues very strongly for the nomination of Rick Perry as the Republican candidate for president in 2016!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien