Author Topic: How Big a Wave? By LARRY J. SABATO  (Read 203 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
How Big a Wave? By LARRY J. SABATO
« on: May 13, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: How Big a Wave? By LARRY J. SABATO
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:33:22 PM »
 :finger:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:59:02 PM »
Nice analysis.  A midterm election of a less than popular president, lots of Democrat seats up for grabs, Obamacare costing Joe-voter more money, climbing debt, structural weaknesses in the economy, it all points to a change of management in the Senate.  But I probably won't check with Rasmussen or Gallup...or Dick Morris.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »
From Sabato:
Last week, Republican primary voters passed their first Senate test, producing a North Carolina nominee, Thom Tillis, who is merely imperfect, not catastrophic. After the disasters of recent years, national Republicans will happily take it.

Whatever could he be referring to? Might we have had some imperfectly perfect candidates recently?  O'Donnell, Angle perhaps?

The goal is to win this fall and let the totality of the election sort it out.  I want Reid and Pelosi in the minority.  Two years hence, I want the Republican candidate to win.  I don't care if it is a yellow dog.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »
From Sabato:
Whatever could he be referring to? Might we have had some imperfectly perfect candidates recently?  O'Donnell, Angle perhaps?

The goal is to win this fall and let the totality of the election sort it out.  I want Reid and Pelosi in the minority.  Two years hence, I want the Republican candidate to win.  I don't care if it is a yellow dog.
:hands:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf