Author Topic: Gay Michael Sam Praised and Christian Tim Tebow Mocked – Society’s Football Double Standard?  (Read 974 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://buzzpo.com/gay-michael-sam-praised-christian-tim-tebow-mocked-societys-football-double-standard/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhMB2hUAq98

Gay Michael Sam Praised and Christian Tim Tebow Mocked – Society’s Football Double Standard?
by Kevin Fobbs on May 12, 2014 in BuzzPo,

With the draft selection of Michael Sam by the St. Louis Rams as the first openly gay professional football player in the nation the universal cheering by mainstream media and society is haunting. One only has to travel back to when Tim Tebow an openly bona fide Christian was vilified by mainstream media, the liberal establishment leaders for declaring his devotion to Christ by kneeling on the field of gridiron battle before a game.

This stark contrast and blatant football double standard was brought to light on Sunday when national football sensation DeMarcus Walker of Florida State, the reigning champs of college football tweeted about his concern, according to the Blaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhMB2hUAq98

Walker posted several Tweets about the openly gay Sam who has been embraced by Hollywood stars as well as liberal entertainers. Walkers Twitter messages have been retweeted over 9,000 times so far, and will most likely go higher.

In fact, the college football player posted a cartoon which showed a stark comparison between the reaction gay NBA player Jason Collins received when he announced that he was gay compared to Tim Tebow’s treatment. Collins received a call and thumbs up from Obama, who found time in his busy Oval Office schedule to high five the basketball player.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:38:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Can't wait until some offensive lineman blows him a kiss across the line of scrimmage in the set position for the snap.

Ala like "Doc Holiday" did in the movie Tombstone.....at the OK corral.

Michael Sams is going to have to be an All-Pro for it to stop.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Can't wait until some offensive lineman blows him a kiss across the line of scrimmage in the set position for the snap.
I wonder if any member of the Rams will have the guts to express how he really feels about having this guy in the locker room.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wonder if any member of the Rams will have the guts to express how he really feels about having this guy in the locker room.

If they so it publicly it's curtains for their career sad as that is!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Football double standard...in our society it is an everything double standard. 
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline rustynail

Offline katzenjammer

If they so it publicly it's curtains for their career sad as that is!

If the league keeps pushing this crap they will lose a lot of fans.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If the league keeps pushing this crap they will lose a lot of fans.

Already have!

Not interested in powder puff football at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Already have!

Aw come on!!

Surely you can't wait for October--Breast Cancer Awareness Month--when everybody's wearing pink.  Michael Sam will look fabulous!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

Distracted yet?
There never are enough distractions, are there?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Already have!

Read that as power puff at first. That's a team I'd watch. After all, there is nothing in the rules that prohibits flying ....  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink