Author Topic: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows
« on: May 12, 2014, 03:00:05 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/geithner-white-house-wanted-me-lie-sunday-shows_791273.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows

Daniel Halper

May 12, 2014 7:35 AM

Timothy Geithner, the former secretary of the Treasury Department, says the White House wanted him to lie in scheduled appearances on the Sunday TV talk shows. As Geithner writes in his new memoir:

“I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.”

Of course, Geithner would not have been the only official from the White House to have misled the American people on the Sunday talk shows. Susan Rice famously came under fire for blaming a terrorist attack on a YouTube video in appearances on the shows.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Geithner: White House Wanted Me to Lie on Sunday Shows
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:01 pm »
I would be far more amazed if Geithner wrote that they wanted him to tell the truth.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »
No kidding.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:37:41 pm »
I'm sure he would have been happy to go along if they said "pretend you're talking about your taxes".  He would have been able to lie with a straight face.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".