Author Topic: The Video Game Industry Is Too White, Straight, and Male for Its Own Good  (Read 570 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
that was silly of nintendo; the business of a company should be maximizing its net profits, and maximizing its revenues is one part of that equation, so why turn your nose up at a potentially lucrative source of revenue?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
I hope you forgot you sarcasm tags...lol

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

that was silly of nintendo; the business of a company should be maximizing its net profits, and maximizing its revenues is one part of that equation, so why turn your nose up at a potentially lucrative source of revenue?

I also hope this was sarcasm. 

This article from the left-wing Daily Beast is further evidence that the LGBT community is riding a wave, and they are going to force acceptance into every nook and cranny of American life.

This just confirms something I've believed my entire life of gays, and it is true more now than ever:  There is no other ethnic or cultural group that spends so much time thinking of what they do with their d**ks.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
why? 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Why..is because I am tired of every company or agency caving to LGBT crowd by intimidation and threats which I am sure are heading Nintendo's way.

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

why?

Because it is up to every individual or company to determine what is in their best interests.

The fashion industry doesn't try to sell sun dresses to teenage girls;  Nintendo targets young heterosexual males as its audience.

Maybe Nintendo executives just don't want to have to deal with the politically-correct whining that is constantly flowing out of the mouths and keyboards of the LGBT community.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Why..is because I am tired of every company or agency caving to LGBT crowd by intimidation and threats which I am sure are heading Nintendo's way.

I don't see how asking a company to add something to their product is intimidating or threatening.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Because it is up to every individual or company to determine what is in their best interests.

The fashion industry doesn't try to sell sun dresses to teenage girls;  Nintendo targets young heterosexual males as its audience.

Maybe Nintendo executives just don't want to have to deal with the politically-correct whining that is constantly flowing out of the mouths and keyboards of the LGBT community.

And just what do you think is in the best interests of a large corporate business like Nintendo?  More specifically, what's in the best interests of that corporation's shareholders?  Is cutting off a potentially lucrative source of revenue in their interest?

Offline sinkspur

And just what do you think is in the best interests of a large corporate business like Nintendo?  More specifically, what's in the best interests of that corporation's shareholders?  Is cutting off a potentially lucrative source of revenue in their interest?

If you're a shareholder, maybe you should make some noise. 

Maybe the ick factor is just too much for Nintendo's game designers.

If profit is the only motive for major businesses,why doesn't the Washington Post take "Men-on-Men" classified ads?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
I don't see how asking a company to add something to their product is intimidating or threatening.

It may not be now but it will be if Nintendo doesn't incorporate gay figures in their games...do gay people playing these games actually sit there and say *I wish there was a gay figure in this game I can relate too!*...I bet not..it's just another place LGBT will flex it's muscle until they conform...and they can have a gay Super Mario.

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

If there is such a burgeoning market for gay video games, perhaps you should capitalize some entrepreneurial swishes who want to tackle that niche.

The problem is, as you know, that anything associated with the LGBT community inevitably resorts to some sort of sexual expression.  That's what gays are about:  what's between their legs.

Video games, from what I see, are not about sex but about shooting and war and violence. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
If there is such a burgeoning market for gay video games, perhaps you should capitalize some entrepreneurial swishes who want to tackle that niche.

The problem is, as you know, that anything associated with the LGBT community inevitably resorts to some sort of sexual expression.  That's what gays are about:  what's between their legs.

Video games, from what I see, are not about sex but about shooting and war and violence.
Yeah, they tried sex video games a few decades back.

Custer's Revenge didn't turn out so well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf